Is There Something Wrong With My Face?

After setting up tents,everyone headed to the lake.Well everyone except Nico.He said he wasnt in the mood and went on to sit near your tent,reading a book.You on the other hand,did want to get in the water and once you got down there;ended up pushing Leo into the lake.You and Leo had a swimming race while Annabeth taught Percy how to skip rocks.

"I totally won."Leo said,after he resurfaced beside you.

"No way."you said,splashing him.

He spit water out if his mouth like a fish,laughing.Suddenly he stopped.

"What?"you asked,turning your attention to the same direction he was looking.He was staring at the shore and once you turned,you saw what he was looking at.

Nico was walking near the water where Annabeth and Percy were,(who both were now running down the opposite direction,chasing each other).His hands were stuffed in his pockets and he stared at the ground as he walked,occasionally kicking a rock.

"Apparently he was in the mood to come down here."Leo joked and turned his attention back to you.

You kept quiet and watched Nico.He eventually stopped and sat down about ten feet from the water,and stared straight ahead at the lake;ignoring you and Leo.

"Yeah...I guess so."you said almost inaudibly,"Hey Leo...do you know why he's so quite?"you asked louder.

"Im not sure.He used to talk more then he does now,but after awhile he just stopped talking to me."Leo said and shrugged.

You looked at Nico for a minute longer before focusing back on Leo,"Sorry McShizzle."you said,giving him a sympathetic smile.

"Its okay.Guess he just couldnt handle the heat."Leo winked and you chuckled.

***

After an hour of swimming,all of you headed back to the campsite.It was sunset,and everyone was sitting in a circle near a fire Leo created (miraculously without burning down the forest).Nico was sitting a few feet back,leaning against a tree.His eyes were glued to the book he was reading earlier.

Everyone else was talking,and Percy was trying to construct the 'perfect s'more'(really,all he was doing was getting melted marshmallow on his hands).You occasionally glanced back at Nico,but the scenery never changed.His focus was on the book and his headphones were in.Leo must have noticed your constant check-up glances at Nico because he sat beside you and wrapped an arm around your shoulder.

"Cheating on me,babe?"he teased,giving you a slight shove to the side with his elbow.

"W-what?"you asked slightly confused.

"You keep checking him out."he said,tilting his head towards Nico.

"Checking on him not checking him out."you quickly corrected but he just shook his head and made three consecutive 'tsk' sounds.

"Oh young locust,you have much to learn."

"Locust?"you asked.

"Yeah...thats the saying right?"

"Young grasshopper."you stated.

He made an 'Oh right' face then smile,"Close enough.My point was,you were checking him out.I can sense it."

"Okay Yoda,think what you want."you laughed.

Leo rolled his eyes and laced his fingers with his hand around your shoulder,caging you in his arms.

"Smart is I.Oblivious are you."he said,in a horrible attempt at sounding like Yoda.You laughed and laid your head on his shoulder.

"You're so dumb,Valdez."

***

After Percy failed at telling scary campfires stories,everyone went to their tents.It was dark and nearly pitch black if it wasnt for the faint light of the dying fire.You nearly tripped over Nico on your way in your tent.

"S-sorry..."you said as you turned on the small flashlight you got from your bag.You sat the light in the middle of the tent,having it face the ceiling so it would light up the tent.

"Its fine"he replied.You watched him blink a couple of times,trying to get used to the now bright atmosphere.The flashlight wasnt extremely bright but it did make it easier for you to see him.His tired eyes looked up at your face from the light source.You noticed his other features as well.His dark hair that hung near his eyes,his tanned skin,and his lips that remained in a unamused sourc;honestly,you've never seen him smile or laugh.

"Something wrong with my face?"he asked.

You focused on his words and felt your cheeks slightly heat up from embarrassment.Apparently you were staring longer then you though;and now he had one of his brows arched in question.

"Uh...oh um no.Sorry i was just thinking."you mumbled.

He nodded and grabbed his sleeping bag,spreading it out,"Okay.Well uh...night."he said before laying down and turning on his side,his back facing you.

"Night"you said quietly and did the same.

Two hours must have passed and you still coudnt fall asleep.You just werent tired for whatever reason,and the constant struggle of not being able to sleep was starting to irritate you.You turned on the flashlight and sat up quietly.Luckily neither of the two woke Nico up.You glanced around your tent for something to help you fall asleep until your eyes landed on Nico's book.He was reading something called Insomnia by Stephen King.It was at least an inch or so thick.You picked it up and looked through a few pages and read the summary on the back.

"Might as well read it.Not like Im busy sleeping or anything."You munbled,"Nico wont mind...I hope."

You laid back down on your back and opened to the first page.There wasnt a book mark in the book anywhere so you assumed he finished reading it earlier.The front page had 'Property of Nico di Angelo' written in rather impressive handwriting.You smiled to yourself for whatever reason and went on reading the book.

Last thing you remember was starting a new chapter,then you must have fallen asleep.