You Figured You've Invaded Enough Of His Personal Space For One Day

The week came and went rather quickly.All week you and Annabeth watched your baby cousin(with Percy's occasional help).While you babysat,Percy planned for the 'best week of your life',as he said.More like 'possibly the week I fall in the lake or get chased by a bear'.You've been camping with Percy before and as much as he tries not to,he's accident prone.

When you were ten,your parents took you,Ann,and Percy to go camping and Percy accidentally lit your tent on fire(thank goodness you werent inside it).Another time when you were thirteen,you went camping with the Jacksons(with the exception of Nico,of coarse) and Percy nearly got bit by a snake...twice.So this year you were planning on keeping Percy in bubble wrap and a good ten feet away from you.

Right now you were sitting on your front porch with Ann,waiting for Percy to pick you two up.So until he arrived,you and your sister were eating popsicles,talking about the trip.

"So Percy said that he had everything planned out."Annabeth said.

"Which really means that he is just winging everything"you said and accidentally bit a chunk off your popsicle.

"Probably.But I'll still give him an A+ for effort."

"And an 'A' for abs."you joked and her face changed to the same red shade of her strawberry popsicle.

"Oh shut up,y/n."

"You still didnt deny it"you laughed.

As you finished your popsicle,you saw Percy over the fence,getting in his car.A few minutes later and Nico,in all his dark black glory,got in the passenger seat.

"Ooh looks like 'The Night' just took your seat."you joked,elbowing Ann in the side.

She gave you an odd look before Percy pulled up in your driveway and she saw Nico in the passenger seat,"Oh..."

Looking at Ann's flustered and disappointed face bothered you.She was your sister and Percy and her were your ship,so you HAD to make sure it didnt sink or else you'd be her shoulder to cry on.

You groaned,"I'll convince him to move...somehow."you muttered and Annabeth's face lit up before she squeezed you in a hug.

"Thanks sis"

Once you pried her off you,you got up and dragged your luggage to the driver's door.Percy rolled down the window.

"Ready for the ride of your life?"Percy asked.

"You should be asking Annabeth that not me,"you teased and you watched his face shade over in a pink hue;you even saw Nico glance up at you after your comment,"Anyway,"you said quieter,"Ann wants to sit up front because uh...she gets car sick.Can she?"you lied.

Percy nodded and looked at Nico,"Bro can Annabeth sit there?"

"Why?"Nico asked.

"Because she gets car sick."Percy said as Annabeth put her bag in the trunk.She peered around the side of the car to look at you,giving you a 'what?' look.

'Roll with it."you mouthed and she nodded.

Nico sighed and unbuckled then got out.He tossed his backpack in the backseat and followed in after it.You felt bad he had to move but your ship was not gonna be like the Titanic.

"Thanks Percy."you said happily and grabbed your bag.You tossed your bag in the back of the car Ann got in the front seat.

As you closed the trunk,reality dawned on you.

Youre gonna be in the backseat with Nico for three hours.Oh boy.

You took a deep breathe and walked around the side of the car,and got in the backseat.You glanced over at Nico,who had his headphones in already and was staring boredly out the window.

"Let the fun begin."Percy said as he pulled out of your driveway.

***

The ride was as awkward as predicted.Percy and Ann talked comfortably up front,and you not wanting to ruin their moment,stayed out of it.Nico stared out the window most of the way and fell asleep the other half.The only time he wasnt focused on whatever was on the other side of that glass,was when you stopped for gas and he got out to use the bathroom.

You tried to say something to him when he got back in the car,but it backfired because all you ended up doing was mumbling to yourself as he put his headphones in.

When you finally arrived at the campsite,Leo was already there.You use the word 'campsite' loosely though.It was really a small clearing with hundreds of yards of trees around you.No civilization for at least a mile or two away.You all,besides Leo and Nico,were familiar with the area though,having come here before.

You got out and walked over to Leo first.He was playing with a match,trying to light a leaf on fire.In fear of him starting a forest fire,you took the match from him.

"You're already hot enough,dont catch yourself on fire."you joked,blowing out the match.

He slung an arm over your shoulder,"Thanks babe,not looking to bad yourself."

You chuckled at his goofiness and turned with him to see the others.Percy got out and followed Annabeth over to you two and Nico kind of lingered behind them.

"So,mast of camping,whats first?"you asked Percy as they stopped infront of you.

"I uh...hm"he said and stood quietly for a moment,"We can put up the tents first,then go near the lake."

You nodded and moved Leo's arm off your shoulder before heading back to the car with the others.You grabbed your tent when you heard someone sigh.

"Whats up dude?"Percy asked Nico you assumed.

"I forgot my tent.Can I share yours?"you heard Nico ask.

You saw an opportunity and although you probably should have thought more ahead,you took it.

"You can borrow mine.Annabeth always shares a tent with Percy because he's the only one who can stand her snoring."you blurted out.Everyone looked at you weirdly and before anyone could object you continued,"Dont you Ann?"you said,giving her the 'roll with it' look again.

"Uh yeah I do..."she said.

"Since whe-"Percy started asking but Ann just grabbed his hand quickly.

"Come on lets go set up camp."she said,dragging him along.

You smiled at her cooperative attitude.

"I hope you dont snore."you heard and turned around to look at a rather unamused Nico.

"I dont."you replied,"Sorry.Hope you dont mind sharing with me"you said,feeling slightly awkward.

"Doesnt really matter,Ill be asleep anyway,who cares where it is."he said before walking past you,over to the others.

"Well if he's no fun,you always have my tent."Leo said with a wink before he went back to the others.You laughed and shook your head.

Rejecting Nicos offer to help,you set up your tent.You figured you've invaded enough of his personal space for one day.

Now there was reason behind your madness.You decided after sitting in the car with Nico, that this summer was the time to get to know him.You felt bad you hadn't in the past and wanted to at least try before you left for college.He seemed like a pretty okay person and to fullfil his mom's wishes of him 'hanging with friends' he needed one first,which you were determined would be you.

So in order to complete that task,you had to make sure you two had at least ten minutes a day together.What better time then the first and last minutes of the day,right?