Blocked Caller

You know, normally when people go to talk with their crushes, it's not in a dark cabin 12 hours from home. But so far this summer, nothing seemed like what others would qualify as 'normal.'

Having your named called out in an ominously dark room, was naturally disturbing and unsettling. So not being able to see three feet in front of you or find the owner of the voice, you remained still in place, " Uh, Nico?" you called out quietly, still half- way creeped out. The only light in the whole cabin were the two lamps in the rear of the room, leaving you in an almost 'Dont Go in to the Light' situation.

" What are you doing here?" you heard the same voice from before ask. You squinted in the direction of the voice, but had no luck in seeing anyone. It felt pathetic to not even know what Nico's voice sounded like. It was just one of those things that you would learn to recognize after being with someone for awhile; however, considering it has only been one summer's worth of time that you have spent with Nico, you couldnt tell if he was in front of you or if it was someone else.

' How else would they know your name? ' You contemplated, which eventually brought you to the conclusion that it was either Nico or your conscience speaking back to you. You bit your lip nervously, hardheartedly shuffling your feet in place. " I uh... wanted to..." you stuttered. You felt like all the words you wanted to say were lodged in the back of your throat. It also didnt help the situation that you couldnt even see who you were hoping was Nico.

" Y/n." you heard your name repeated but not in a questioningly tone like before. You heard what sounded like a bed creak before something grabbed your wrist. You flinched and out of instinct, kicked your foot in the direction of whatever grabbed your hand. Your wrist was released before a loud thud sounded. " The fuck was that for..." you heard someone mutter. You were honestly so shocked ( and frankly sick of being in the dark) that you cautiously stepped over who ever was on the ground, reaching around for a lamp. Finally you found the switch on the wall. You quickly turned the lights on, instinctively squinting to the new brightness. Once your vision had time to re adjust, you saw Nico leaning against the side of a bunk bed for support as he stood up. He was clutching his stomach with his other hand as he blinked consecutively, trying to see. Rushing over, you assisted him in sitting down on his bed. You stood in front of him as he opened his eyes to look at you. " Did you come all the way here just to kick me?" he groaned.

You shook your head slowly, biting your lip again. " N-no...you just scared me..." 

Nico rubbed his side again. " Then why are you here?" You felt hurt by his question and you werent sure why. Maybe it was the way he said it, like he wasnt even happy to see you. Or maybe it was that he hasnt caught on to the fact that you came twelve hours to see him, to talk things over; he acted as if he wouldnt have felt any different if you werent there. 

" I...I wanted to see you...I wanted to talk about the campi-" you were in the middle of talking when he groaned, shaking his head. His eyes fell to the ground as he rubbed his face in clear agitation.

" It was a mistake, Y/n. I already told you this." he muttered with a sharp, annoyed tone. "Can you not read?" his dark eyes glared up at you.

You took a small step back in surprise. Though your mouth was open as if to say something, you really sure what else to say. All that ended slipping out was, "But Percy said-"

"Well hes wrong!" Nico yelled, standing up quickly from his bed. He breathed heavier as he ran his hand through his hair.  He stared hard at the ground for a long minute before sighing and looking up at you. He held your shoulders which made you flinch, scared he'd hurt you. Oddly though for the outburst he just had, his grip on your arms was gentle " Y/n, I messed up that night. Cant you just leave it alone please?" he said softer then his before tone.

You felt on the verge of tears. You shook his hands off your shoulder, biting your lip so that you wouldnt cry. " Im sorry..." you inhaled deeply, nearly choking on your own words, " it was my mistake..."

Nico's face changed to obvious confusion at your confession, " W-what?"

" I shouldnt have thought that the Neighborhood Ghost even had feelings..." you made direct eye contact with him. He looked taken back at what you said, but you werent done, " Let alone any to have towards me... it was my mistake to think that you actually enjoyed my company..." With those last words, you spun on your heels and marched out of the cabin. You had tears streaming down your cheeks as you slammed the door shut behind you. Percy looked worried as soon as he saw your face, but you dismissed it. " Take me home... please." you said before turning to Will. " Thanks for the tour... you must have great patience or a large investment in Nico to have ever wanted to be his friend." You heard Will and Percy simultaneously curse Nico under their breath as you walked away.

It was quiet the entire car drive. Percy tried to talk, but what exactly do you say to the girl who your brother just played? Instead of keeping up with the awkward small talk, you close watched the rain harshly pour against the passenger window.  It was about eleven at night when you noticed how tired Percy was. ( He nearly ran drove into a trash can at the end of someone's driveway.) Fearing you'd die, you suggested renting a motel room. Percy ( in his half awake daze) didnt object against it, so ten minutes later you were being handed a room key.

You led Percy to the room , where as soon as he found the bed, he had fallen asleep. You on the other hand, were too upset to sleep just yet. You sat at the small desk in the corner of the room, scrolling through multiple apps on your phone, trying to get your mind off Nico. 'You are absolute shit.' 

It was about two in the morning when you actually started yawning. You placed your phone down on the desk, standing up. As soon as you were about to lay down on the second twin bed in the room, your phone started ringing. Startled and afraid it would wake up Percy, you hurriedly scrambled across the bed to the desk. But as soon as you saw the caller I.D. you hung up, blocking the number. Rolling your eyes, you crawled in bed and almost instantly feel asleep.

' One Missed Call - Nico'

' One Missed Call -Blocked'

Chasing the Dark{Nico Di Angelo}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें