He Only Talks to the Dog about His Feelings

" Because he misses camp." Percy said as he stood in line with you. Leo was ahead of you two,ordering. You had questioned Percy on why Nico left suddenly after your camping trip.

"Thats it? He left for a twelve hour drive,all summer long, because he missed it?" you questioned and Percy shrugged his shoulders ,giving you is 'I dont know' face.

You huffed and bit your lip while thinking. ' No one just leaves for camp all summer long like that. Percy has to know something.'

" Ma'am." you heard a stern voice pull you from your thoughts. "Are you ready to order?" you glanced up at the girl at the counter. She had short cut black hair,with electric eyes and the most annoyed expression plastered to her face. You read her name tag, 'Thalia'

"Uh yeah,sorry." 

After ordering,you felt like breaking down Leo to see if he knew absolutely anything on Nico. They did take a whole car ride together. You sat down in a booth across from Leo and Percy before starting.

" What about you?" you asked,getting Leo's attention.

"What about me? Finally interested,Princess?" he winked and you rolled your eyes.

"Not in this life time." you commented and he frowned.

" Maybe in the next life?" he joked and you shook your head.

"Did Nico comment about his trip to Camp Half Blood to you?"

Leo perched his lips in concentration before shaking his head," Not that I remember."

You groaned in frustration before looking at Percy. He gave you a confused but oddly sympathetic look,"Nico...he only talks to the dog about his feelings." he said.

"So I have to talk to a dog if I want answers." you leaned your head on the palms of your hands.

"Why do you want to know so badly anyway?"Leo asked between sips of his drink.

You felt your cheeks burn and attempted at hiding it by rubbing your face with your hands," I just do. Done you think it's strange for anyone to just leave after being gone for a week?"

Leo shrugged," Not really to me,but whatever floats your swan boat."

Percy looked at you suspiciously,as though he knew you were hiding the real reason. He took a deep breathe before picking up his smoothie from the table," Well if you desperately need to know,why dont you ask him yourself?"

"Hes not exactly here for me to do that,Jackson." you commented as if it could have been the most obvious thing in the world. Percy just rolled his eyes and grabbed your phone that you had sitting on the table in front of you. You watched as he messed around,typing away at something. After about a minute of silence,he handed you back your phone.

"There. Now you have his number,so now he doesnt even need to be here for you to ask him." Percy said. You gave a weak smile before awkwardly hugging his arm.

"Thanks Potty." you joked,letting go of him. Leo laughed at Amber's strange nickname,while Percy just sipped his smoothie with clear annoyance printed on his now rose cheeks.

***

After being forced to follow Leo and Percy around the shopping center for the past two hours, you finally were home,sitting at the dinner table with your family. Your sister and parents were talking about how you and Annabeth were going to celebrate your birthday,while you mindlessly stabbed a piece of carrot on your plate. Your mind was a bit to full with planning how to text Nico (which you still havent done even though you have his number), to bother with a party that was about a month away.

'What if he doesnt want to be bothered with? What is the piont of him leaving all summer was to avoid you? But why on earth would he do that? You didnt hurt him,right? Damn it,if only I could talk to that dog of his,but if I could people would think I am weirder then normal.' your internal monologue was cut off by a hand being placed on your shoulder. Flinching,you quickly looked over to your mother who was sitting next to you.

" Are you okay,Y/N? You are murdering that poor baby carrot."your mother pointed out,looking at you the to your plate. You glanced down a he now mutilated vegetable before awkwardly clearing your throat.

" Uh yes. Um I am just not hungry. Do you mind if I go to my room?" you asked politely and your mother shook her head.

"Its fine,Dear. We can plan the rest of your party tomorrow."

You nodded before excusing yourself and standing up from your seat. You put your plate away before going  up to your room. You laid on your bed and picked up our phone from your nightstand. You had no notifications besides a random text from Leo about how he enjoyed your 'smoothie date'.You chuckled to yourself at his flirty behavior before starting a new text on your phone. This new text wasn't to Leo though; it was to the only person who had all the answers you were looking for,and no it wasn't Hades the Jackson's dog. You texted Nico.

"Hey Nico,it's Y/n. I need to talk to you,please." you hesitantly sent the text,figuring he wouldn't answer till morning considering how late it was ( technically it was around one in the morning where he was. ) Waiting a few minutes but never receiving a reply,you decided on going to bed. You set his contact in your phone before reaching over and turning off the lamp you had on.

Just as you turned off the light,that's when your phone screen lit up your room.

'One message (10:49 pm) - Nico'