Sweet to Silent

You and Nico jumped back in perfect sync. Too bad when you both backed up,you didnt land the same way. You fell on your back as Nico scooted back before scrambling to his feet. You  looked up at him and his now burnt red face as he looked towards the direction of Percy. Looking towards the same direction as Nico was,you noticed Leo and Annabeth both staring at Percy like he had two heads.

"What the fuck are you yelling for?" Leo asked in a surprised and slightly annoyed voice.

" Cyclops!" Percy yelled and now you too felt as confused as Leo and Annie looked.

Annabeth slapped Percy,which surprised you all. Quickly Percy sat up from leaning against the log and shook his head.

" What the heck?" Percy half shouted,staring at Annabeth while rubbing his cheek.

"You're talking in your sleep. Well,yelling actually." She explained and Leo made an 'oh' expression,realizing what had happened.

"Dude,I nearly pissed myself. Do you normally yell like?" Leo asked as he stood up,Percy and Annabeth following his lead. Percy shook his head before going on to  explain how he isnt allowed to have that much sugar before bed because he has weird dreams. No one seemed to notice you and Nico standing there as they all headed back to their tents. Once everyone left,you and Nico ( who was avoiding all eye contact) stood there in almost complete silence.

' This feels familiar.' you sarcastically said in your head. You sighed and turned to say something to Nico,but before you could,his lips met yours. You were caught of guard which caused you to flinch in shock;but Nico grabbed your waist quickly,kissing you the slightest bit rougher before pulling back.

" You..I like you." he commented quietly before letting go of your waist.

"I uh-" you started but he cut you off.

"Sorry... I really shouldnt have but.. after this trip I wont see you so...I wanted to thank you for keeping me company. Not sure how that was a 'thank you' though..." he trailed off in a low voice as if talking to himself.

"I...wait you wont- why wont-" before you could come up with a clear question to ask,he hugged you and quickly pulled away.

"Goodnight,Y/n/" and with that he walked away to your tent,leaving you utterly surprised and frankly,very confused.

***

Saying you were confused,was probably the biggest understatement of your life. The next morning after being completely unable to sleep, everyone packed up to leave. Nico seemed to be keeping himself busy by helping everyone else. He didnt say anything to you nor did he look in your direction. Nico even avoided riding together by riding with Leo instead of the rest of the group. You sat quietly in the backseat of Percy's car,zoning out as your mind kept you busy with thousands  of questions of why Nico went from sweet to silent,all in one night.

Once you and Annabeth were dropped off by Percy, you watched as Leo's truck pulled into the Jackson's driveway. Annabeth walked inside as you waited for Nico to get out of the car. Leo got out first and started talking to Percy. They walked inside before you saw Nico get out of the car. Headphones in and a blank stare on his face, reminded you of the first day of your camping trip.He didnt notice you as he headed inside his house. Sighing you walked inside. 

" Im home.' you called out and following your statement,you heard your mom call your name from the kitchen. You walked into the kitchen to see your parents sitting at the table and Ann holding your cousin,Amber, as she leaned on the counter.

" How was your trip?" your dad asked,looking up at ou.

" Good,I had lots of fun." you answereed before glancing at the clock. It was late in the evening and you needed a good exscuse to go to your room so you could think," Im really tired though,so Im gong to go to bed." 

Your mom and dad both nodded and said their goodnights before you left the kitchen. You dragged your bag up the stairs and placed it in the corner of your room before closing the door and falling onto your bed. 

You laid on your bed till 10 pm in almost complete silence,besides your occasional yawn or sneeze. You were just about to go to bed when you heard faint music coming from your window. Tiredly, you stood up and pulled the curtains to be almost blinded by a light. Once you rubbed your eyes and they readjusted from the dark you were so used to now, you saw Nico's bedoom lit up by his lamp and his window open. Music played rather loudly while he laid on his bed,writing in some book. The now dim light,which before appeared so bright before, shone near his face. His dark eyes seemed focused as he bit his lip,tappng his pencil against the edge of his book. This whole day felt as though perfect de ja vu as you recalled 'observing' him nearly a week or so ago. You watched him,wanting very badly to say something. Instead of asking him anything,you sighed and walked back to your bed. You didnt bother to close the curtains before beginning to fall asleep.

'Goodnight,Y/n.' echoed in your head before you fell asleep.