Chapter 19- Overcoming Anything

*Not Edited*
_________________________

Ben POV

We walked back the way we came, and Mal still looked a bit frightened.

"Want to hear a story?" I asked, trying to calm her.

"Okay, I guess." She mumbled.

"This is the story of Mal with her best friends, Evie, Jay, and Carlos," I started out "and she was my good friend. Together along with my friends, we were able to good thing in Auradon. Even though we did good, there was a prophecy that said she'll release an evil that's supposedly can't be defeated."

"The Black Death." She said. I looked at her, and realized that she knew what I was talking about.

"You remember don't you?" Mal nodded, "Why did you say that you didn't?"

"Because it wouldn't make a difference, he's impossible to defeat."

"You know it's impossible unless you know everything, and nobody does." She gave a small smile. We made it to two paths, and had trouble finding out which one to take.

"I think we took a wrong turn." Diavol said, looking at the map.

"But we came this way didn't we?" Angela asked.

"Not sure, I don't think this part isn't on the map."

"Best guess, left or right?"

"Left,"

"Let's go right," Mal said. We all looked at her and asked why. "I feel like we went here before."

"Let's go the right then."

When went through the tunnel and it wasn't long until we found the exit. We stepped out to see that the exit brought us to the shore of the Enchanted Lake.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"Because I brought you here." We turned to see the Black Death in front of us. I moved Mal behind me, making sure she was safe.

"How did you know where we were?" Diavol asked.

"With all the magic I sucked in, I was able to sense where anything is. I felt your movement under the ground."

"So what? You're just gonna take our magic away?"

"I can't somehow. The problem is that you have something that I can't figure out what it is. It somehow won't allow me to take away you magic."

"And?"

"I'll just have to kill you!" He quickly shot a fireball in my direction, but someone pushed me away. I looked to see Mal, and she collapsed. The Black Death was gone after, so we went to see where Mal was.

"Mal!" I said, as I dropped to my knees, "Wake up, Mal!" I felt small tears in my eyes as her breathing became shallow.

"Ben," she said weakly. "I need to tell you this, before I-"

"No! You're not gonna die!"

"I need to tell you that I love you." She stopped breathing and laid their in my arms.

"Mal, Mal!" I yelled out, shaking her.

"She's gone. It's over." Diavol said sadly.

"Mal, I love you too. I never stopped loving you." My tears fell onto her to chest, and then glew. A moment later, Mal was lifted into the air as white magic swirled around her. Her hair returned to it purple color and her cloak turned into a lighter purple. She opened her eyes and looked at us