The Arrival

A few months later...

It was late at night and you were sleeping. You woke up by excruciating pain in your stomach. Your water broke and you quickly woke up Jacob. He was sleeping beside you and you shook him roughly. He woke up irritated. You held onto your stomach and screamed in pain. Once you did that he finally realized what was happening.

He quickly got up and got dressed. He helped you out of bed and you both walked to the car slowly. With each step you took it was pain triggering your body. Jacob felt worried. He didn't know if it was normal for you to feel this way or not.

Once you got to the car, he opened the back seat door and you crawled into it. You screamed more as you sat down. He quickly shut the door and ran to the dirver seat. He started up the car and rushed to the hospital. Once he parked in the parking lot, he hurried up and got out the car and rushed to the back seat. He helped you out the car and walked you into the hospital.

The guy at the front desk asked him to sign a bunch of papers before the doctor could come. In the mean time, they set you in a wheel chair and you screamed in pain and breathed heavily. You couldn't take the pain. It was like no other pain you've experienced. Jacob got done and comforted you as y'all waited for the doctor.

Once the doctor came they quickly took you to a room. They had you change into a gown and plugged you up to some tubes. The doctor checked to see how far along you were.

"It's time." she said,

Jacob stood next to you and held your hand. The words the doctor said scared you. You didn't know what to do. One nurse helped the doctor get ready and another helped you to breathe correctly. You started to feel a little better after taking deep breathes.

The doctor was done getting ready and she sat down and asked you to open your legs. You opened them and set them on the cushion things connected to the bed. The doctor saw that a little part of the baby's head is sticking out of you. She asked you to push. You pushed tiredly but it didn't make a difference.

"Come on. Give it all you got. The baby is right here." the doctor said.

You pushed with all your might. The doctor saw the baby's head come out a little further, this time it was enough for the doctor to grab the baby. You started to push again and the doctor pulled. It hurt but the baby was coming out quickly. You pushed and pushed until you heard a baby crying. The doctor held up the baby. It was purple and stretching it's arms out wide.

"Congratulations. It's a baby boy!" the doctor cooed.

You looked over at Jacob who had a tear coming down his cheek. He smiled. The doctor set the baby onto your stomach. The nurse cleaned him off. He cried as she did. Jacob wanted to hold him tightly to his chest but he knew he couldn't yet.

"You have a beautiful baby boy." the doctor said.

The nurse handed Jacob the scissors to cut the umbilical cord. He grabbed it and gently cut the cord. The baby stopped crying. Then she picked up the baby and set it onto a crib. Above the crib was a radiant warmer to warm the baby up. She cleaned the baby off with a towel. The nurse checked the baby's weight and size and heart rate and things to make sure the baby was healthy. Once she was done she stamped the baby's foot onto the birth records and put a band around his foot.

She gave one to you and one to Jacob. She wrapped the baby up into a blanket and put a hat on his head. She picked him up and handed him to Jacob. The doctor and the other nurse fixed you up and cleaned you up. You were sore and tired. You just wanted to hold your baby and go to sleep. Jacob walked over to the bed you laid in. You watched him hold the baby. He smiled and rubbed the baby's head.