Part 27 - Life in a Bubble

- Michael's point of view -

What just happened here? why did Megan leave? and why is Bill going after her? I tell the guys that we're doing a break and walk outside. I see Megan reaching into her purse and getting her phone.

I walk up to Bill and ask him what's going on and why Megan's leaving. He just looks at me, shaking his head. "Not important, Michael" He gently grabs my arm and walks me back into the building . . . I stop walking and free my arm from his grip.

"Excuse me Bill? . . I would like to know why Megan left"

"With that question, Michael, you hit the nail on the head"

"Huh? . . . I have no idea what you're talking about, Bill"

"Megan . . . her name is Misses Miller . . why are you calling her by her first name?"

"We have an agreement . . I call her by her first name and she calls me by my first name . . . I don't understand the issue here?"

"Michael . . let me be honest with you . . I don't think she's the kind of therapist you need . . . this woman is definitely after you . . . after what she is exactly, I can't tell . . it's either your money or something else . . . that woman got the hots for you"

I swallow hard looking down to the floor . . well, he's definitely right that there is something going on but it's not his business . . . protecting me from the outside world, yes . . protecting me from a woman I truly like and possibly love, no thanks.

All I can do is deny the whole thing to stay in peace with Bill . . . although it's not ideal . . but what else can I do? . . I know Bill and I know the way he handles things . . . . I just wish it all were easier . . . living in a bubble is not easy.

"Bill, there is nothing going on between Megan and I . . . the only thing we have together is the therapy that we share . . . she's my therapist . . why do you assume that something's going on?"

"Michael . . you got to be kidding me . . that woman is hot for you . . if you can't see that then you're definitely blind and not aware of what's going on"

"I don't think that she's got the hots for me . . . . and . . . . let's say she does have the hots for me . . what difference does it make?" I ask . . . holding my breath.

"The difference it makes is huge, Michael . . . it's either living in peace or living in danger"

"Danger? . . you think Megan is danger to me?"

"I don't think so . . . I know so"

"How come? . . . Bill . . I'm a little shocked"

"Mike . . I care about you . . . you know that . . I just want what's best for you"

"I can't live a normal life because you know what's best for me? . . so, let's pretend Megan is actually interested in me and I might possibly be interested in her too, what would you do?"

"I'd tell you to not go for it and rather focus on you and your career"

"What if I told you right now that I am interested in Megan??" I ask, rather angrily. Bill raises his eyebrows giving me a look that doesn't need no words to go with it. I feel like I'm in the wrong game here. I do understand that he's protecting me . . but what from? . . from living a normal life?

"Michael . . I've known you since . . I can't even remember . . . I want what's best for you . . I promised that I will protect you from danger . . . that is all"

"Yes . . . from danger . . . but Megan is not danger"

"Maybe not to you . . you're looking through rose colored glasses . . . I look at it from a different point of view . . . from a sane point of view, Michael"

"So, now you're saying I'm insane?"

"Michael . . . that's not what I said . . ."

"I believe that's exactly what you said . . ummm, If you don't mind I would like to return back home . . I've seen enough for today . . ." I get my stuff and take my seat in the limo.

I'm definitely done for today . . . I need some alone time to think about the discussion I just had with Bill . . I feel a lump in my throat.

I wanna let out a good cry.

To be continued . . .