Part 17 ~ Closer Than Close

~ Michael's point of view ~

Megan is standing by the door . . about to leave.

"Don't you wanna stay?"

"Stay? . . umm . . I think I better get going"

"Ok. I understand. . I'm sorry we fell asleep, is this making you uncomfortable?"

"Uncomfortable? . . naa . . I'm quite comfortable, I'm very comfortable . . in fact, I have never been more comfortable! . . why shouldn't I be comfortable? this is a very nice hotel suite . . and . . the curtains are nice too . . I . . why, why aren't you wearing a shirt?"

"I always take off my shirt when I sleep. . . are you ok?"

"I'm fine . . uh, . . I was on the bed with you. . wasn't I?"

"Yes . . hehe . . I kept going on and on with my story . . after about 45 minutes you totally fell asleep . . I didn't wanna wake you so I . . I guess . . I kinda fell asleep too while I was watching you sleep"

"Wow . . I . . I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep, this is embarrassing"

"Naa, it's ok :) the story was boring anyway . . do you wanna stay the night?"

"Stay the night? . . . um . . *clears throat* . . I think, I think I should be going home now . . and you . . you should be wearing a shirt . . . . good night Michael . . call me whenever you need me"

She walks out the door and leaves . . . I grab the phone and dial her number.
she picks up very fast:

"Hello?"

"Hi . . you said I should call whenever I need you . . well . . I need you"

". . . Excuse me?"

". . . Can you come back?"

"Umm . . what do you. . what do you need me for exactly?"

"I'll tell you in a minute . ."

I hang up the phone and walk out to the hallway . . there she is, standing in front of a huge painting, looking confused. I walk up to her and guide her back into my hotel suite . . . I close the door . . . she's standing right in front of it . . I walk closer to her . . she takes a few steps backwards until her back touches the door. .

"Michael . . what are you doing?"

"I'm looking at you . ."

"Why?"

"I don't know . . ."

Her eyes are moving from my eyes down to my lips. . then a second later she moves her eyes back up to meet mine . . "Why are you standing so close to me?"

I take a step even closer . . . she gasps.

~ Megan's point of view ~

Oh lordy lord . . why is he doing this? . . why aren't I moving? why aren't I telling him to move away? . . I need to get home . . I fell asleep here and I shouldn't have . . this is wrong . . wrong in so man ways. But he's so . . so . . so handsome.

No . . he's not! . . he's not handsome . . I can't feel this way! . . I have to go home. I'm just going to gently push him back and tell him that I have to leave . . . yup . . that's what I'm gonna do . . come on Megan . . put your hands on his chest and slowly push him back . . it's late . . you have to go home . . come on!! why can't I move? . . . He's standing so close to me . . I can smell the scent of his breath.

"Michael. . ."

"Yes?"

I look down at his mouth. . . "I have to lips . . I mean, I have to go"

"You don't have to . ."

"Yes I do . . "

"Alright . . ."

He moves closer . . his soft cheek gently touches mine . . his skin feels softer than a baby's bottom. If not softer . . . I swallow nervously and finally manage to gently push him back.

"I have to leave . . I . . have a hard day of work ahead of me tomorrow"

"Really? what do you have to do?"

"I . . I have to do very important things"

He takes my hand . . I watch him slowly bringing it up to his chest. . He's not wearing a shirt . . why isn't he wearing a shirt? . . I want him to wear a shirt . . kind of . . maybe not . . YES!! he should be wearing a shirt. . . shouldn't he?

"That's a really nice perfume, Megan . . what's it called?"

"Heartbeat. . . I think. . ."

He chuckles. "It's late . . I think you should stay here"

"I don't think that's a good idea . ."

"Why not?"

"Because it wouldn't feel right . . ."

"How do you know that?"

"I just know it . . I shouldn't be here . . I have to . ."

He interrups my sentence and the next thing I know - we're kissing . . .we are actually kissing each other!!! . . his lightly wet bottom lip is right between my mouth . . he's gently kissing me without a care in the world.

His eyes are closed. . his hands are both on the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him . . . why am I letting this happen? . . . why am I kissing him? . . . and most importantly:

Why am I liking it so much?

After about 20 seconds, I gently push him back . . we break the kiss . . he looks at me with his big, dark brown doll eyes . . and then suddenly he's coming closer again for another kiss . . but I can't . . I shouldn't . . no.

"How dare you?!" I ask, giving him a light push.

"Pardon?"

"How . . how . . . why did you kiss me??"

"I don't know . . ."

"You don't know?? . . how can you kiss someone and not know why?? . . this is . . this is not good!!! . . this shouldn't have happened!! . . my lips are not for you to kiss!! . . and your lips are . . they are . . *looks at his lips* . . they are . . whatever they are, you shouldn't kiss me!! . . *looks down at his chest* . . AND . . . AND . . . PUT ON A SHIRT!"

*leaves angrily*

To be continued . . .