Part 11 ~ Michael's Doctor's Appointment

"Ok . . I just made an appointment for you . . it's at 6:30, I will be driving you there"

"What car do you drive?"

"Can we get back to the important, Michael?"

"Umm, but Misses Miller. . I don't understand why I have to go to this doctor's office . . why can't I just invite the doctor to Neverland? It's much safer for me . . and much less trouble for you. . if someone notices me at the office, all hell will break loose . . . I know from experience"

"You're making a good point . ."

". . . Thank you"

I call my doctor really quick and tell him about the situation. he's kind enough to make time for Michael. They will send him a driver to bring him to Neverland.

"But, will you be coming too, Misses Miller?"

"Of course, if you want me to"

"Yes, I want that"

"Ok . . now back to our conversation. . . please tell me . . how was your sleep at the hotel? did you have a dream? . . and you talked about stomach cramps . . for how long did they last? do you remember that?"

"Well . . I remember getting up and drinking a lot of water . . I called you right after because I really felt bad . . you made me feel better . . especially with what you said . . . it made me feel very good"

"Michael . . . . I never picked up the phone, you never called me . . . the reaction of the pills made you believe you called me . . but we never had this phone conversation . . ok? it didn't happen. ."

"Yes it did . . I'm very sure! why don't you believe me? you told me you loved me! I was laying in bed afterwards thinking about your words. I even started writing a song in my head about it . . it meant a lot to me . . why are you saying now that it didn't happen? I know it happened . . I was there . . I was awake . . the sleeping pill didn't work until 30 minutes after we hung up . . ."

"Michael . . I never got a phonecall . . ."

"But I called! . . you picked up! . . I know I'm a little crazy but I'm not that crazy"

"I really apprecaite the flowers . . they're very beautiful but I can't accept them for what they are meant for . . ok? . . this is a huge misunderstanding . . I never said anything to you about love . . you must've created that in your mind while falling asleep"

The look on his face changes . . . he looks rather angry right now. . and also sad. He has to stop taking these pills . . I hope his doctor's appointment later will be a success and we will know what pills he can take. . . I feel bad for him, I really do.

"Michael? do you want to keep talking? is there anything else you wanna discuss?"

"I'm just very confused . . why would I lie about that phonecall?"

"Michael. . sleeping pills can have that effect on your brain . . that's why I'm making such a big deal . . and that's why I want you to see a doctor . . this is very important, ok? I would really like to find out why you're taking this so lightly . . . I want you to be ok, Michael . . . I hope you want that too"

"Of course I want to be ok . . but it's not easy to be ok . . I'm not ok"

"That's why I'm here to help you . . I feel like I have to push you to do this, you must want this for yourself, do you understand? I can't want it for you . . we will work on that, ok? if that's what you want"

"All I want is for you to believe me that I'm not making this up . ."

(6:00 pm)

AT NEVERLAND . .

We just arrived at Neverland. It's beautiful here . . . we have 30 minutes to kill until my doctor arrives here. Michael is showing me around a little bit.

His bathrooms, his living room . . his bedroom . . his kitchen . . it's really nice here . . I adore how woodsy and vintage looking his home is. He has great sense of style.

"You know Misses Miller . . we could have our sessions here at Neverland from now on. . It's always kind of a hassle to get to your place. . . if you don't mind "

"Umm . . sure . . I think I can work with that, no problem"

6:35 pm . .

Doctor Enslin just arrived

Michael welcomes him with a handshake. "Good evening Mister Jackson, a really nice place you have here" Michael smiles . . . "Thank you, thank you kindly"

We walk upstairs to an office room and get started right away. . .

"Again, good evening Mister Jackson. . my name is Doctor Enslin and let me start off by saying it's an honor to meet you. Misses Miller didn't tell me much about this visit over the phone, the only thing I know from her is that she is your psychologist and she wants me to have a look at the situation. . is that correct and are you ok with that?"

"Yes, I am"

"Doctor Enslin . . Mister Jackson is dealing with a couple of issues here . . umm, he has trouble falling asleep . . he deals with anxiety throughout the day and wishes to be medicated with anti-depressant and sleeping pills. . . Now first of all, I feel like it's necessary to see a doctor first before I make a decision . . I do believe that Mister Jackson does ned medical help but I also think that he could try and work on this without any medication at all . . but that's up to him, I have no right to decide FOR him. . . however, I believe that Mister Jackson doesn't know about the side effects and what that could mean for his heath . . if you could inform him about that thoroughly, I'd be very thankful"

"Ok . . thank you for this information, Misses Miller. . please give me a second to write this down. . Mister Jackson, do you approve of everything Misses Miller just said?"

Michael nods. "Yes, I approve"

"Ok . . I would like to take a look, check your heartbeat and everything and I will have a talk with you in private after that for a minute or two, and then we will move on from there and see what we can do"

They get up and leave the office . . . they take an awful long time.

I walk around Neverland, looking at pictures on the wall . . he was so cute when he was little . . already holding a microphone in his hand . . what an incredible talent.

I take advantage of the time and look around downstairs . . . I'm really interested in his kitchen. What he has in his fridge and cabinets . . he's very slim, so I don't think he's much of an eater.

I open his fridge and take a look inside . . . oatmeal cookies? why are they in the fridge? . . that's funny . . that's really all that's in here . . maybe he's on the road so much, the food would go bad anyway, so why bother filling up the fridge? . . makes sense . . .

"Hello?!" I hear a female voice say behind me.

I quickly turn around and look at her . . .

"What are you doing in Michael's fridge? . . and . . who are you?"

To be continued . . .