Three

Dedicated to sociaIcxsuaIty

"Guess I'm back where I started before I fell in love with you."

-Guppy, Titanic Sinclair.

.

I don't exactly remember waking up. Or anything really, for that matter. All I knew was that one of my most cared for people in the entire universe was gone, dead, by the hands of a drunk driver who just sped off.

Currently, I'm sitting on a chair, my back to the door, my front to the window. I just stare out to the trees silently. I feel numb. And not the comfortable numb I get when like, drunk, it's a bad one. It's like a painful stinging through my skin as I stare into nothing.

I hear the door open and close, and footsteps, but I don't turn.

"Kehlani, it's been two days. You need to eat something. Or do something." Dad's voice says. I don't answer. I hear the door open and close again, a new little footsteps walk in. I tense up. I look up a little more, looking at the skyline. I don't look, even when the small body stops in front of me, I don't look down. I see her at the bottom of my sight.

"Hi, I'm Charlotte!" She says in a sweet, innocent voice. She thrusts her hand out at me. My back is completely stiff, and I look down, my neck moving.

"Please, Kehlani, come out, and hang out with your old friends or something. They came by yesterday, to see you." Dad says as I simply stare at the girl in front of me. She slowly lowers her hand, but the smile doesn't leave her face. She seems more outgoing and happy then I was. I tilt my head up again. "Just say something." He pleads. I don't.

The door opens and closes yet again, and footsteps walk in, yet again. I take my phone out of my bra, and start texting random people. I lock the phone again after a second and tilt my head up again. My phone starts going off like crazy as people text back. I sent a text to everyone in my contact list, saying I couldn't talk. They all texted me after I found out she was gone. I look to the side of my room, raise my hand, and throw the phone. I give breathed laughter as I hear it smash. Good thing I have a spare.

"You need to get out of here." Sam's voice says. Suddenly, I'm picked up thrown over the shoulder of the guy that I clutched to two days ago.

"Can you at least talk, kitten? Say something?"

Ryder Flynn, the person I was not at all ready to see.

"If your going to kidnap me, can we go somewhere interesting?" I ask. I hear claps. I'm let go, and set on the bed. The little girl comes in front of me again.

"Hi." She says. I blink at her.

"Kehlani." Dad says in a warning tone. I look up at him and raise an eyebrow. I give an exasperated sigh, and look back at the girl.

"Hi." I say in an irritated tone. I mean, I kind of feel bad because she doesn't know what her purpose was, but still. She smiles at me. She skips over to my bedside table and picks up Andrew's favored high heels.

"These are so pretty!" She says, going to set them on the floor to wear them. I jump up and take them from her.

"Sorry, but Andrew will kill me if these get ruined." I say, walking to my closet and putting them away. When I look back, she looks sad, so I sigh and turn back. I get the little box out, the special one. I had gotten these a few months ago.

I planned on doing a ring and ditch, but leaving this at the doorway. I hand her the box. She opens it and gasps in excitement. They're just little plastic shoes, made to look like Cinderella's shoes. I had saw that she loved Disney princesses. She puts them on instantly. I turn back to the closet and get my own pair.

The Good Girl's ReturnOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara