Twelve

Unedited; words may be wrong. (Blame autocorrect)

Dedicated to sociaIcxsuaIty

"Come on, Kehlani. I said I was sorry. Are you just going to not talk to me forever?" Sam asks. I turn my head, tilting it while looking at him. He looks over with guilt. It's his fault I went with Andrew. And, it's his fault Andrew told me yesterday I'm coming with him after school. He's really liking the more 'lately' sex.

"I don't have anything to say to you." I say simply, and turn back to my door, opening it.

"Kehlani, just hear me out first. It's kind of your fault too-"

"How? Because I went to see a friend? Damn, didn't know that was forbidden. Oh my god, Sam. I don't think you've grasped it yet! You don't dictate my life anymore. I know that two years ago you were able to tell me what to do, but not anymore! I know independence by having to strive off of it for so long now! I'm. Not. The. Same. Okay?" I say slowly. I notice the people watching, but don't care. "I'm not that little girl who- who would sit in her room until midnight studying, I'm not the girl who had everything promised to her on a golden platter because she was oh-so good. And it's as if you keep trying to force her to come out. I'm sorry, Sam, but she is long gone because she's dead. She will never come back, you wanna know why? Because I killed her and took her place in the real world. So get you fucking head out of your ass, and look up. Just... Stop trying." I finish, and at the end I sound a little defeated.

"I'll never stop trying." He states.

"Then your only going to get hurt in the end." I say before turning around and walking in the school. I go into the girls bathroom and shakily take my phone out. I go to emergency contacts and press #2.

"Princess, everything okay?" Andrew asks. I take a shaky breath.

"No. Come pick me up, please. I need you." I tell him. I hear him laughing into the receiver, obviously excited and happy I called early.

"Be there in ten." He says and hangs up. I put the phone back and sink against the ground against the wall. Suddenly, the door opens, revealing Laney.

.
LANEY'S POV!

Opening the bathroom door to reveal your crush's completely broken sister on the floor isn't exactly the best thing in the world. You can see it right now: just how broken she is. her eyes are swimming with tears that reveal so much pain and sadness I'm willing to bet no one ever sees. She's on the floor, against the wall, hugging her legs and her chin resting on her kneecaps.

"Kehlani? What's wrong? Did that.. argument outside just make you cry? For real?" I ask. She turns away from me as a single tear strides down her cheek, and she hastily rubs it away. I walk over and sit on the floor in front of her, and lean forward and hug her. I quiet sob escapes her lips, and after a tense second from her, she hugs back. We sit there for a minute, before she pulls away, rubs her tears away and gets up, walking to the sink. She pulls makeup from her bag and redoes it all quickly, making it look pretty good, too.

"Thanks. I gotta go, though. A friend's waiting for me." She says, and walks out. I follow her, but stay behind. When Used her going of the exit door, it clicks and my phone is in my hands.

L- She called him

S- Who? What?

L- Kehlani! She called that dude. Andrew I think?

S- you have to be kidding me. Try to distract her while I get to were you are. Where are you?

L- West wing.