chapter four

'Most psychologists agree that hostility is really just sublimated sexual attraction.'

Clary Fray / Cassandra Clare

↠ ↠ ↠

Day Four

Taking a deep breath, Olivia plunged into the water, allowing herself to float around in it. It felt weird being completely surrounded by water – as though she wasn't really anywhere. It wasn't something she'd ever experienced on the Ark but she could definitely get used to it. She'd wanted to go wash and bathe in the pond they'd found from the moment they'd discovered it but they'd had to find Jasper and when they'd bought him back, she'd done her best to help with him.

Though her best to help was holding him down with the others while Clarke cut away the infected skin. He'd screamed a lot, causing Bellamy to give the ultimatum that if he wasn't better by tomorrow then he would kill him himself. At that point, Olivia felt like she had to get away – they weren't on the Ark anymore and she could actually escape and be on her own, without the map. It was relieving.

She'd left her clothes on a nearby rock, stripping to her underwear before diving into the water. Luckily it wasn't so deep that she couldn't stand and she'd spent a good amount of time trying to teach herself how to swim before giving up and just floating about. She was floating on her back, staring at the clouds above her when she heard someone coming from the trees.

Eyes widening, she stood straight, leaving just her shoulders and above exposed. For some reason, when her eyes caught the figure, seeing it was Bellamy Blake, she felt both relief and anxiety. Not knowing what to say, Olivia just waited for him to spot her, lips pursed to stop herself from showing any expression.

When he finally did spot her, he was nearby the water and he'd seen her clothes first. His eyes trailed over to the water, stopping when they reached her. He seemed hesitant for a moment but he straightened, clearing his throat, "Oh, sorry, I thought there was no one here." She didn't reply, only sending him a shrug. "I guess, I'll just go then," Bellamy sighed, turning to leave. He paused when she didn't say anything, turning back and frowning, "Seriously? That's the part where you're meant to say that it's okay and that I don't have to go."

Olivia scoffed, raising an eyebrow, "I thought my silence made it clear that I'm perfectly okay with you leaving."

Bellamy laughed, placing a hand on his heart in mock offence, "Damn Oli, that's cold."

The nickname irritated her, causing her eyes to narrow. "Don't call me that," she complained.

"Why? Don't you like the nickname?" he smirked, leaning against the rock that held her clothes, "It suits you."

Insulted by his statement, she couldn't stop herself from being childish and splashing water over at him. Bellamy flinched away but still managed to get wet, most of it landing on his top. Pausing, he looked over at her with surprise, his mouth parted slightly. "And you say I act like a teen," he snorted. Olivia didn't reply, knowing that he was right, her decision had been childish but she had to admit the look of shock on his face was hilarious.

The humour in the situation vanished for her when Bellamy pulled his top off, exposing his toned and tanned torso. Gasping, Olivia exclaimed, "What are you doing?" He laughed at her response, moving to his trousers now which made her feel like she should close her eyes or something. It was only the following splash that let her know that he'd come into the water. Pulling them open, she saw he was wading over to her, "I thought you were leaving."