[10] Escape.

Not much was said on the drive to Vergil's home. Mr. Janitor refused to open up even a little, so Vergil kind of gave up eventually and kept quiet. It was very easy to, he was the quiet one, it came naturally.

Once the car stopped a few streets away from his home, probably as to not be spotted by his mom, Vergil glanced at the man tentatively. Vergil's pitch black eyes peeked from underneath the silly straight bangs, glistening with hope.

The man must've foreseen his intention, for he threw a glance outside and nibbled on his knuckles, elbow on the frame of the car's window.

Still, Vergil went for it.

"Would you walk me home?"

It was a few ways from there, not accessible by car. Mr. Janitor sighed every bit of air in him and exited the vehicle. He didn't seem necessarily pissed, not even mildly discontent. He was as neutral as ever, which calmed Vergil down.

Only a few steps later and Vergil shivered uncontrollably. His 1235 calories a day diet took its toll on him.

"I'm not giving you my hoodie."

A few birds flew away from a nearby tree because of his low, raspy voice. Meanwhile, butterflies also flew away from Vergil's intestines and swarmed over his heart. He hugged himself tightly.

"I didn't do it on purpose."

The man looked at him from the corner of his eye. The very low corner of his eye. He was huge compared to Vergil.

"So you're really cold?"

Vergil shook his head. "You don't have to give me your sweater. It's a- a sweater, not a hoodie, by the way. It doesn't have a, um, hood."

He knew it wouldn't mean anything anyway. Mr. Janitor just did that kind of things. He could remember a certain rainy day, when a student was sitting outside on a bench, shirtless, after his clothes had been hidden during PE by Dork and his friends. Mr. Janitor had gone in the rain and placed his janitor jacket on the guy. He was kind like that.

That's how, a minute later, he found himself swimming in the man's sweater. He tried not to sniff too obviously. Once they took maybe two lefts and a right and getting to a very narrow street, Mr. Janitor took out his cigarette pack and lit one up.

"I hope you are satisfied and will not approach me anymore."

Vergil lowered his head and kicked a pebble. A 'meow' went heard, and looking up he noticed he'd hit a cat accidentally. Three others ran from behind a dumpster into a hole of the building to the left.

Too many cats in such a tiny town.

"I kind of wanted an actual date maybe..."

"You said you wanted to pay- I mean to spend time together."

Vergil shrugged. "Well..."

"No." the man stopped once they exited the tiny alleyway, and was now under a streetlight. It caused his pale blonde hair to glow.

Vergil glanced down the tilted road. At the end of the slope stood his tiny house, with the light of the kitchen turned on. But Mr. Janitor didn't seem in the mood to walk him any further.

"O-Okay..."

It had already gotten too far as it was. Vergil had confessed, given him flowers, gotten to see his place, spent the afternoon with him... He just couldn't ask for more.