[18] Paint.

"Ah! Ah!" Vergil cried. "Ah!"

"No, you take it!"

Vergil kept struggling around until his hoodie started rising up, bellybutton now exposed. His backpack was only hanging by one shoulder and his hair was a mess. He was wearing his aviator glasses today, and they now stood crooked on his nose.

"This is me welcoming you back. Everyone's been worried, you know."

"I don't like being touched please stop." he whined.

"Nah you're just being shy."

Derk was hugging him violently and wouldn't let go. Vergil felt his skin crawl all over, he felt claustrophobic, he just wanted out. Dudan said it is normal for autists to dislike touching, but that didn't help Vergil in any way just then.

"Where have you been buddy?" Fred, Derk's friend, joined in the teasing, his arms crossed. At least he wasn't filming this as usual.

"I got lost in the city." Vergil murmured.

"Aw haha!" people around them laughed. Vergil felt himself start to tear up.

But then, as always, Stevo and Ethan showed up in time to save his little autistic bottom, and Becca was with them. They made their way through the students that were heading for class, both looking rather intimidating for a scrawny pothead and a dreamy artist.

"Ah see, here comes your chastity belt." Derk laughed along with his friends and let go of Vergil before Stevo, Ethan and Becca got to reach them.

Vergil quickly tired to fix himself up, pulling his hoodie over his belly and his backpack on both shoulders before poking his glasses up his nose. It all proved futile the moment Stevo grabbed him by his hoodie and shook him violently, ending the gesture with a push.

Vergil stumbled backwards and tripped over a tree root only to fall on his butt.

The bullies stopped for a moment and stared. "Dude." Derk commented cleverly as a result of their group thinking.

Becca crouched down by Vergil while Stevo walked in circles to calm himself down.

"Vergil... we searched the town up and down for you. We were thinking the worst might've happened. You know in most missing cases they find a dead body if they're lucky?"

"Forget it Becca." Stevo sighed. "Just... are you okay?"

He'd finally calmed down and was now making his way over to sit next to Vergil. Derk, Fred and two girls approached, most probably curious to know what really happened with Vergil when he disappeared. Ethan kept his distance.

"I... got lost in the city, is all." Vergil repeated. Still wasn't unable to bring himself to lie, so he kept doing the 'white lie' thing where he just didn't tell the whole truth. "I spent the night at the police station but they couldn't get me home because they were busy with a car chase."

His friends didn't seem to buy it entirely and Derk and the others cackled. "Now you're just being cute, isn't he, guys? Car chases only happen in cartoons, man!"

Vergil crossed his arms over his knees to bring them closer to his chest. "The car chase was the true part of the story actually!" ha. Jokes on Derk.

...by the looks he started getting, the joke was on Vergil.

"So then why didn't you get home that night, if the car chase was the true part of the story." commented Stevo.