[38] Get better.

Vergil's shoes brushed the dusty ground underneath his swing while he rocked gently back and forth. He sneaked a glance at Bjorn but looked away when he noticed the pile of cigarettes around his feet.

The older man has been pissed off the last three weeks. Not that it rubbed off on Vergil or anything- he was doing just fine seeing as there were only 840 hours (5 weeks) until Eirik returned, and Vergil has been good- Bjorn promised that soon he would tell Eirik that Vergil was better and then the boy could contact him again.

Vergil wanted that to happen soon. Preferably now

"Bjorn?" Vergil asked lightly.

The man looked at him with hooded eyes. He didn't reply.

"Will you let me talk to Eirik today?" Vergil asked. "Vær så snill"(Be so kind)... you said yesterday that if I touched that door handle in the coffee shop you'd let me." he said, practicing his Norwegian some. He's been doing that with Bjorn so that he could carry conversations with Eirik when he came back!

Vergil watched as Bjorn made his way over with slow, deliberate steps, until he was behind Vergil. The boy struggled to look over his shoulder at the man while still keeping his hands on the swing chains. They rattled with his struggle.

Bjorn raised an endless leg, pressed his foot against the back of Vergil's swing and then shoved it forwards violently, sending the boy swinging back and forth at an alarming pace.

"Ah! Ah! Help me! Stop it! Please!" Vergil yelped, clinging on to dear life.

The man only watched him with squinted eyes- the smoke from his cigarette was getting into them. He threw away the butt of the cigarette and sighed, fishing out his phone. "Som kan hjelpe." (That might help)

Vergil understood that. Bjorn must've forgotten that he understood, because it seemed he was saying that to himself. That might help who? Vergil didn't need help anymore. He was doing fine. Just the other day he took off the last band-aid off his hands, all scratches healed after not scrubbing so much every day.

Bjorn took out his phone and held it to his ear, tapping his foot impatiently. Or perhaps was it nervously? Vergi didn't know people.

"Ja. Hallo. Det er meg igjen. Hvordan går det." (Yes. Hello. It's me again. How are you doing)

Vergil smiled slyly upon understanding the man's politeness. He was asking how Eirik was doing! That was sweet of him to ask. Little did he know that Bjorn actually wanted to know how Eirik was doing.

"Lytte. Jeg tror du burde snakke med ham." (Listen. I think you should speak to him). "Nå." (Now)

Vergil glanced in front of him, trying to force his ears back to not understanding Norwegian. He felt that he was intruding since there was a certain tension in Bjorn's voice. Vergil's swing was coming to a slow stop, the rocks tinier and tinier. Vergil thought of how it would be to make a swing by the pendulum principle- one which you could sit on as it rocked around gently forever and ever due to the earth's gravitational pull combined to its rotation around its own axis.

"Here." Bjorn held out his phone and Vergil gawked, taking it excitedly.

"J-ja!" (Yes!) Vergil said with wide eyes and smile.

Bjorn bent his head, looking down as he scuffed his shoes against the sandy ground, covering his vans in it. He looked around at all the moms who must've judged him for 'smoking next to his kid'. A pair of them were surely gossiping about him, they were even pointing fingers. Rude.