Whoops! Sorry Gabe...

thanks for reading guys, it rly means a lot xx

Castiel walked back to his dorm in a daze, he barely saw the ground he was walking on and he was only thinking of one man. Dean, his professor.
He was spectacular.
Castiel wanted to know everything about him.
His grin danced around in Cas's brain, the way he had smiled and said his name in his clear, bad-boy voice. Cas smiled to himself, Dean had winked at him. Hadn't he?
Suddenly there was a door in front of his face, somehow he'd made it back here without falling over anything or running into anyone. Still with his head in the clouds, Castiel opened the door and immediately took a step back in surprise.
Gabriel was sitting cross-legged on the bed along with another guy. They were facing each other. Gabe's hand was in the other boy's long hair and they were kissing somewhat heatedly. At the sound of the door being opened, the long haired brunette jumped back and almost fell off the bed. Castiel immediately recognized him as the tall guy who Gabe had wanted to sit beside earlier.
"I am so -" Castiel tried to get out of the room but ended up knocking over a lamp that was sitting in the entry-way. "Uh, sorry!"
The long-haired guy looked panicked, he grabbed his flannel and bolted out of the room without a second glance back at Gabe.
"No Sam! Wait!" Gabe called out, but he was already gone. He turned to Cas.
"What the fuck Cassie?? You just gonna go and ruin everything huh? I just fucking got him right where I wanted him and you -" he broke off and growled in frustration.
"I am SO sorry Gabriel, I -"
"SAVE IT! He'll probably never talk to me again thanks to you!"
"Well I don't see why he wouldn't, I mean you two were just -"
"Shut up! You can't ever breathe a word of this!" Gabe pushed him up against the wall so hard that further down, a picture fell off. "To ANYONE!"
"I won't, I swear, I won't, I promise!"
"Good!" Gabe said angrily running a hand through his mussed up hair. He glared at Cas for a moment before he stormed out of the small dorm and slammed the door forcefully making the whole room rattle.
The silence that followed was deafening.
"Jesus," Cas whispered to himself, before falling down onto the bed.

***

The rest of Cas's day passed uneventfully, his art classes were interesting but none of his teachers could hold his focus the way Dean did, and he often found himself slipping into, not always PG, daydreams about his sexy professor. He didn't understand it, they'd barely talked, they'd barely even had a single moment together and yet Cas couldn't get Dean out of his head.
Castiel had his heavy book bag slung over his shoulder as he walked out of the ceramics classroom and was looking at his Twitter notifications when suddenly he felt a hand tap him on the shoulder. His heart was suddenly in his throat? Could it be Dean - ahem - Mr. Winchester?
"Hey, uh, do I know you?"
Castiel whirled around and came face to face with a pretty red-headed girl in an avengers t-shirt. It took a moment, but suddenly he recognized her. They'd been at an art camp together in high-school.
"Charlie!!"
"Oh, my god! It is you!" She smiled and hurriedly hugged him around the stack of books she was carrying.
"I didn't expect to see you here," Cas pointed out as the rest of the students filed out of class around them.
"Yeah, neither did I," she laughed. "Hey, do you want to catch up somewhere other than a busy hallway? I mean we could go out for coffees tonight, maybe even hit up the bar if we're feeling frisky?"
Cas smiled at her, she was so easy to talk to and so smiley. "For sure. When were you thinking?"
"Mmmm..." She thought for a moment. "How about Harvell's? At seven?"
"Yeah, sounds good."
She laughed again. "Always so uptight Cassie?" Charlie grinned and slapped him on the back with her free hand as she walked away. Castiel kept his back turned so she couldn't see his frown, Charlie always did have a way of seeing right through him. Maybe this Dean thing was putting him more on edge than he thought. He adjusted the strap on his shoulder bag and continued on his way to his dorm, not looking forward to seeing Gabe after their awkward last encounter.

When he finally did get to dorm 221, Cas knocked this time.

"Come in!"" Gabriel yelled, still sounding mildly angry.
Cas nervously pushed open the door and made his way inside, throwing his bag and his keys down beside it. "Gabe?"
"What is it?" He replied offhandedly. Gabriel was folded up on his bed, sucking on a lollipop and reading some comic where the heroine had boobs bigger than her head.
"I just wanted to say," Cas stood awkwardly by Gabe's bed, unsure of how to act. "I'm sorry about today, and walking in on you and that guy because I really didn't mean to, I mean I just walked in and you were there and to be honest I really had no way of knowing, like uh, this is my dorm too and maybe you should put a sign up or something like a sock on the doorknob or maybe a little um, 'do not disturb' thingy, I don't know I mean, some notice would be nice considering I - "
Gabriel held up a hand to stop Cas's nervous blabbering. "Look man, I was pissed off then, and I'm not pissed anymore so let's just leave it at that ok?"
"Uh, okay? I'm just really sorry about the whole thing." Castiel rubbed his arm.
"Yeah," Gabe said exasperatedly, "I kinda got that."
Castiel felt his stomach drop just a little. "Oh god I'm doing that thing again aren't I? You know the one where I have no idea what to say or how to act so I just start saying everything that comes into my mind because I don't want you to be mad at me so maybe then if I keep talking you won't get time to loose your temper-"
"CASSIE!"
Castiel's lip quivered and he plopped down onto his bed quickly as if he'd been given a direct order.
"Where the fuck did you leave your filter man? Jesus Christ I've heard of word-vomit before but this REALLY tops the list." Gabe laughed, as he turned another page of his comic.
Castiel took a breath. "Sorry, I'm just kinda uptight today."
Gabriel closed his book and turned his full attention back to Cas. "Is that so?"
Castiel squirmed a bit under his roommate's scrutiny but nodded anyways.
"And why is that?" Gabriel asked, suddenly looking very shark-like.
"Uhh, well you sure were right about that professor."
"What profes- ohhhh! Hell yeah mate, I'm telling you that guy is eye candy of the first degree." Gabe grinned, as he twirled his lollipop behind his teeth.
"You don't have to tell me that," Cas laughed, trying to act more natural. He still was really embarrassed about walking in on that guy and Gabriel.
Gabe hummed in approval. "So you've got your eyes set on him then?" He asked as he looked Castiel over with his intense stare before speaking without waiting for a reply. "Well good luck to you Cassie, heaven knows you're gonna need it."
"What do you mean?" Castiel asked, tilting his head like a confused puppy.
Gabriel pointed his red lolli at him. "Many have tried to go down that road young padawan, and as far as I know, all have failed."
"What?! Oh no, I didn't mean - "
"Of course that's what you mean!" Gabriel scoffed loudly as he jumped to his feet and then up onto his narrow bed. He then started to mime as if he was sword fighting and his sucker was his blade. He then began to speak in a declarative, overly dramatic voice: "You will conquer many a foe during your college career my friend! But you will never face such fierce an opponent as the dreaded - " Gabriel paused for effect, "TEACHER CRUSH!!!!" He bellowed.
At this point Cas was having a hard time trying not to laugh. "Shut up Gabe! I don't have a teacher crush."
"If you don't have a teacher crush then I will eat my umbrella good sir!"
"Gabrielllll," Cas grinned and rolled his eyes.
Suddenly he looked serious and he hopped down from his perch and peered into Cas's eyes. "Hmm, yes..."
"What are you doing?" Cas asked, sounding somewhat weirded out.
"Yes yes," Gabriel said, sounding declarative again, and waving his lolli around as he walked away. "You my friend have potential, I can see it in your eyes!"
Castiel didn't say anything, and so Gabe glanced over his shoulder to make sure that he was still listening. "In your eyes I see... A prophecy!!"
Castiel groaned in mock-annoyance and let the top-half of his body flop down on the bed.
"You may doubt it now! But the force is with you! You may be the first to succeed where others have once failed!"
"Oh, come off it." Castiel said, waving his hand in the air aimlessly.
"Whatever man," Gabriel said, dropping his character. "But if you want something go get it, that's my motto."
"Sure," Castiel sighed, wondering how a motto like that could even work. Suddenly he caught sight of the clock. "Shit!!!"
"What the -"
"Shit, shit, shit! I'm late!"
"Late for wh-"
"Bye Gabe!" Castiel shouted as he snatched his coat off it's hook and bounded out the door to meet Charlie.