Castiel Strikes Back

a/n: the head of a college is called a dean, and that's prolly gonna get confusing so just a head's up !!
ALSO this is one of my favourite chapters (*ˉ︶ˉ*) AND THANKS FOR 8k!!! <333

"Castiel Novak," the PA system crackled throughout the college. "Please report to the dean's office." There was some feedback through the intercom and then it shut off.
All of the members of Cas's ceramics class turned their heads to look at him.
"Oooh Cassie's in trouble," taunted one scruffy, hippy looking guy.
Castiel glared back, the whole situation reminded him acridly of elementary school. He left his things on his desk, got up and left the brightly decorated classroom.

The dean's office was all the way across campus, and it was nearly ten minutes later when he finally found his way to the imposing looking door within the main administrative building. He raised a hand, and hesitated before he knocked. He had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.
"Enter," a voice came from within.
Castiel rolled his eyes, "enter", that was so fucking melodramatic, what was this anyway, a James Bond movie? He twisted the cold doorknob and went inside.
The place was overdone to say the least, it looked like it had tried way too hard to seem elite, classy and educated all at once. The effect was altogether too much, with large bookcases on the walls, dark wooden furniture and a humungous desk that took up most of the room. At the desk sat Paul Thomas, or as most people knew him, just the dean. Mr. Thomas must have sensed Cas's hesitation because he spoke up and waved his hand.
"Come in, come in," he tried to boom in a voice that sounded almost as tryhard as his entire office.
Castiel came in, thoroughly unimpressed at this point. He almost forgot to be afraid, but not quite.
"Have a seat," Mr. Thomas motioned to the velvety looking armchairs in front of his giant wooden desk.
Castiel looked at the dean, then he looked at the chairs and he was about to sit down when a tiny part that Dean had given him piped up. "I'd rather stand thank you. What is this about?"
The dean fixed him with a look, partly a glare for not taking the seat and also partly a condescending look that said "you already know." Mr. Thomas clapped both his hands down on the desk and stood up. He walked around the desk and leaned on the front of it, obviously not going to put up with being below the eye level of a student. "What is your relationship to Professor Dean Winchester?" he finally asked.
Castiel felt all the blood run out of his face and suddenly he was very cold. But no! He couldn't be like this, he had to stay calm. There was no way the college could know about them! They'd been so careful. He took a deep breath to steady himself before answering, hopefully his initial reaction to the question hadn't been that noticeable.
"He's my professor, why do you ask Mr. Thomas?" Castiel responded as politely and calmly as he could.
"Right," the dean answered, a skeptical eyebrow raised. "Well, that is simply not true now is it?"
Castiel couldn't stop himself from furrowing his eyebrows. Was the dean trying to sweat it out of him? What the hell was going on here, why was he asking these things? Castiel cleared his, suddenly very dry, throat. "What do you mean sir?"
"I mean," Mr. Thomas said, standing up to his full height and beginning to pace around the room, "that I already know of your little liaisons with Mr. Winchester, so there's no point in denying anything."
Cas clenched his teeth. Was the dean lying? Oh he had to be lying, there was no way, no way that he could've found out. But at the same time he was telling himself all this, Cas felt as though a cold stone had been dropped down inside him. In his stomach he felt dread.
"Anyway it is not a question of whether or not the relationship occurred, we already know that it did, but it is rather the next course of action that calls you here to me today."
Castiel stayed silent, he stared at the thick carpet on the floor. His face had gone from cold to burning, tears threatened.
"You have two options," the dean held up two fingers. "One, you can transfer to another school free of additional charge, or two, you can be expelled." At the last word he looked straight at Cas, his dark watery eyes staring right at him.
Castiel gulped, he couldn't find the air or the words. His head was swimming with it, the implications. He'd worked so hard to get here, so very very very hard and he loved Dean, he loved him very much. His head bowed, the thick carpet again.
Mr. Thomas sighed quietly and approached Castiel. He laid a hand on his shoulder, and Cas felt obligated to look him in the eyes.
"Son," he said sympathetically, "Did Mr. Winchester force you into anything? Did he abuse you, threaten you?"
Cas's mouth dropped open.
"Because if he did," Paul Thomas continued, "we won't expel you or force you to transfer. That kind of thing isn't your fault son. The school will help you take legal action."
The dean was looking at Cas with such an earnest, overly kind look in his eyes that Cas couldn't help but be enraged. It was like Mr. Thomas WANTED Cas to say that Dean had done those things. He reached up an arm and knocked the dean's hand away.
"How dare you say those things! I love him!" Castiel shouted.
Mr. Thomas was not phased, he kept looking at Cas with the same, sickeningly sympathetic eyes, those disgusting beady little eyes filled with false understanding. "I understand son, we all go through a time in our lives when we think homosexuality is normal, but it's not. Mr. Winchester is abusing his position of power to influence you, you're young and impressionable, nobody blames you, son, for falling for his act."
Castiel gaped. He stared at Mr. Thomas and willed his head to explode. How DARE HE? How fucking dare he. An angry rage bubbled inside Cas, it rumbled like an unstable volcano but when he spoke, his voice was remarkably calm. "No, Mr. Thomas, this is not in fact a 'time in my life' when I 'believe homosexuality is normal'. I am gay, Mr. Thomas, and for me, homosexuality is ALWAYS normal. It is MY normal and I do not appreciate being talked down to like I'm too young to understand myself."
Mr. Thomas looked back at Cas and shook his head. "Son they have doctors for that, they can cure you! You don't understand now but if you just say that Mr. Winchester abused you, you can stay in this college and you can get the help you ne-"
"FUCK YOUR COLLEGE!" Castiel exploded. "How DARE you insinuate that the fact that I am gay means that I am sick! How DARE you TRY TO CONVINCE ME that the man I love more purely and wholly than my fucking life is nothing more than an abuser! Fuck you and your college PAUL, I would rather ROT IN HELL than be a student here any fucking more."
Now it was Mr. Thomas's turn to gape, he'd assumed that his actions didn't have consequences only to be delivered the fresh, steaming pile of shit that yes, they did INDEED. He started to stammer, to try and recover his authority but Castiel interrupted.
"Oh and one other thing, you can't expel me because I'm dropping out," he turned to go. "Have a nice day Mr. Thomas, and fuck you very much."
And with that, Castiel turned on his heel, walked out, and slammed the door behind him.