The Three Gay Musketeers

a/n: thank you for all the support and wonderful comments on the last two chapters! knowing that you're enjoying the story really inspires me to write.... which is probably why i updated so fast 😂

love you all,

With every passing second the clock ticked closer to six. Ticked closer to when Castiel would be getting in a car with Dean, ticked closer to when they'd be alone together inside Dean's house. Alone. No one to interrupt them, no one to tell them that what they were feeling was wrong... Cas was cursing himself. Why had he agreed? This was insane, this could get him kicked out of school, this could make it so Dean would never have another teaching job again! He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. Worrying about his predicament wasn't helping, it was just making him anxious.
"Yo! Mr. Bleary-eyes!" Gabriel mocked from across the table, trying to bring his friend back to earth. "You with us?"
Cas snapped his attention back to the present. It was lunchtime and somehow he'd gotten wrangled into eating at the Starlite Diner with Gabriel and Sam. Not that he could eat anything, his fries were largely untouched and his burger only had a few bites taken out of it.
"Dude what is wrong with you?" Sam asked as he stole a fry from Cas's plate.
"Nothing," Cas said, clearing his throat. "Just stress probably." He ran his sweaty palms over his thighs.
Gabriel rolled his eyes. "Sure and if that's true, that must mean I'm George Washington."
Castiel gave Gabe a quizzical look.
"Listen, we know something's up but you don't want to tell us. That's fine, I mean what are friends for?" Sam grinned sarcastically as he bit off half of the fry that he'd been spinning between his forefinger and thumb.
"We're friends?" Castiel asked, suddenly feeling self-conscious. He'd never really had any friends, except for Charlie maybe.
"C'mon Cas, don't be daft. Of course we're your friends! Did you think we asked you to come to lunch with us because you're annoying and we hate you?" Gabe said, resting his head on one of Sam's large broad shoulders. Castiel could tell that Gabe was massaging Sam's thigh under the table.
"Although we are getting the distinct impression that you think we're annoying since you really don't seem to want to be here," Sam smirked as he slid his arm around Gabe.
"No! I'm glad I have friends..." Cas said curiously, rolling the word around in his mouth. He liked it.
"Great! So look alive!" Gabriel cheered, reaching across the table to grab Cas's half-eaten burger. Without asking, he took a huge bite out of it.
Cas sighed even though he probably wouldn't have eaten it anyway.
"So what's the dealy-o Cassie?" Gabe asked, his mouth full of hamburger.
"Yeah, you're acting pretty listless, even for you," Sam seconded as he slid Cas's fry-filled plate over to his side of the table and began finishing the potato slices off.
"Yeah, so spill," Gabe prompted.
Castiel's newfound friends had very quickly forced him into a corner, he either had to tell the truth or lie, and Cas was rubbish at lying. "Uh, well," he started, trying to think fast. "I met someone."
A look of extreme surprise flashed across Gabriel's features and he started choking on his food. Sam clapped his coughing friend on the back a few times, and eventually he recovered. He cleared his throat, "You WHAT?!"
"I said it already," Cas mumbled.
"Sam he MET SOMEONE!" Gabe shrieked, imitating a valley-girl.
"I know babe, I have ears." Sam smiled fondly down at Gabriel, his eyes full of love.
Gabriel was vibrating with excitement. "Oh Cassie, who's the lucky lady?!"
Cas didn't really see the point in concealing his sexuality from Gabe anymore, I mean the man was his roommate. "Guy actually."
Gabriel let out a squeal that sounded like it most definitely should NOT have been coming from a nineteen year old male. "GUY?! I was right!! I WAS RIGHT!" Gabriel shouted with glee, standing up from his seat faster than lightning, making the dishes clatter. Everyone in the diner turned their heads to look. "Sorry, sorry," Gabe apologized to everyone, his voice much more calm. He sat down.
"Yeah, I guess you were," Castiel murmured, just loud enough for his two friends to hear. He tried not to loose himself in thoughts of Dean and what was going to happen tonight.
"Oh my god!" Gabriel exclaimed, forgetting to keep his voice down again. "We're like the three gay musketeers!!"
Cas couldn't help it, he cracked a smile.
"Hold up! I am not gay," Sam said defensively.
Castiel raised his eyebrows at him. "You sure about that?"
Sam opened his mouth to answer but Gabriel interrupted. "Yeah sure, you're not gay at all! You just like having a long cock up you're completely 'hetero' ass." Sam didn't have a good answer for that. He shut up.
"Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked," Gabe dismissed. "My boyfriend here is being a little shit."
"Boyfriend?" Sam asked, surprised.
"Yes, boyfriend," Gabe replied quickly before turning his attention back to Cas.
"I guess we're dating now," Sam mumbled in shock just as Gabriel started to quiz Cas again.
"For one, who did you meet? And for two, what does meeting someone have to do with acting like a grumpy baby?"
Cas rolled his eyes but smiled at Gabe. "Look, who I met isn't important. It's just that things," Cas broke off, unsure what to say, "have gotten really complicated really quickly and I don't know how to feel."
Sam hummed and Gabriel was quiet for a moment.
"Is he hot?" Sam asked.
"Yes," Cas said. That was definite.
"Does he have an ass that you'd want to stick your dick in?" Gabe demanded, completely serious.
Castiel blushed, he would have been lying if he said that he'd never thought about it before. "I - guess?"
Gabe nodded in appreciation, but stopped as if he'd realized something. "Have you - ?"
"No!" Castiel replied, realizing he sounded a little too freaked out. "I mean no, we haven't."
"Too bad," Gabe shook his head.
"Gabe!" Sam chastised, shooting a look at his new boyfriend. "What he means is; does this guy treat you right?"
Cas thought for a moment. "I guess he does?"
"Then what's all the confusion about? You only live once buddy. Go for it!"
Cas fell silent, still feeling unsure. Everyone at the table was quiet for a moment.
"Well! Let's blow this popsicle stand!" Sam announced, standing up and pulling his wallet out of his back pocket. Gabriel shadowed him.
"That's not the only thing I'll blow, Mr. Winchester," Gabe teased, running a hand over Sam's broad chest.
Castiel was getting out of his seat too when suddenly what he'd just heard found its way to his brain. "Wait? Mr. Winchester?!"
Sam and Gabriel exchanged glances.
"Yeah! Remember when I told you that our professor had a way hotter younger brother?" he smiled, giving Sam a smouldering look.
Cas felt all the blood run out of his face. Sam was Dean's brother?! This complicated things even more...
"Jesus Christ Cas, you look like you've seen a ghost!" Sam laughed. "It's not like this really affects any of us!" He turned to leave. "C'mon, I'll pay."

***

It was five thirty and Castiel still wasn't dressed. Sure he was freshly showered and his hair was styled but that was only half the battle. What was he supposed to wear to go see his sexy history professor after hours? What was he supposed to wear to go out with his roommate's boyfriend's brother?! Time was ticking and Cas was fresh out of ideas. Impulsively he grabbed his phone and dialled the number. Maybe Charlie could help with this. She picked up on the first ring.
"Hello?"
"Hey!" he said, voice full of relief.
"Cas hi! What's up?"
"Uh well I don't really have time to explain everything, but do you remember about Dean?"
There was silence.
"My professor?" he asked hopefully.
"Oh! Yeah I remember him. I mean how could I forget considering you were completely pissed and falling all over him the other night?"
"Uh yeah," Castiel mumbled, embarrassed. "Well the thing is... I'm kind of going to see him in," Cas checked the time. "Fuck! Fifteen minutes!"
"Oookay," Charlie replied. It was clear that she thought that Cas was making a mistake. "How does this involve me?"
"Charlie, I don't know what the fuck to wear."
"Depends what kind of outing this is. Are you going to talk about schoolwork?"
"Uh, not exactly."
"Right," Charlie's voice was dripping in disapproval.
"Will you please just help me?" Cas pleaded desperately.
"Fine." Charlie groaned. "But I'm only doing this one time!"
"Okay fine! Just tell me what to wear!!"
"Wear a blue t-shirt, it'll bring out your eyes. Then probably those tight-black jeans because they make your ass look amazing."
"Thank you so much! I owe you one!" Cas said enthusiastically, hanging up.
He only had a few more minutes to get dressed. Throwing on the clothes that Charlie had pointed out to him, Cas hurriedly sorted himself out before throwing on a jacket, stuffing his phone in his pocket, and bolting out into the night.

The parking-lot was cold, but thankfully no one was around as Dean pulled up in a beautiful black '67 Impala. The vehicle rumbled smoothly, it's hum filling the night air. Cas felt his nerves quaver along with the inconsistent sound of the engine.
This was happening, and it was happening now.

a/n: heh heh the next chapter should be a doozy 😏