Author's Note - Tribute to Fandoms

When I started this fanfiction, I was 16 and I am now 18.
Destiel and being in the spn family really helped me get through a difficult part of my life. A part of my life where I felt I didn't belong to anything, that I had nothing in common with the people that I knew. The supernatural and sherlock fandom both helped me a lot, it made me feel like I had a place, and writing fanfiction gave me purpose - made me happy.
I don't write fanfiction anymore, I don't really even feel part of the fandom in the same stubbornly committed way that I did when I was 16, but a lot has also changed immeasurably for me in 2 years. And I am here to tell you that if you're in high school, if you're anywhere and going through a difficult time or some of the same stuff as me -your life will get better, so so much better, and that you should never be ashamed of the things you love if they bring you joy. You've got to give yourself the chance to see it get better, that's probably one of the most important things I've learned.
Fandoms are important, they bring people together. And it's honestly such a wonderful thing how many friendships are made through them, how much content is created and shared, how much people can love something and enjoy that together. I may be out of my fangirl phase now, but I wouldn't take it back. It was a positive part of my life, it feels wonderful to care about something that much.
I'm sorry if this is a bit too sappy or something, but I just felt like saying a few words about the whole thing since I probably won't be uploading anything more onto this platform now that this fic is finally complete. If I do start writing online again, I can leave a link on this profile.

I love all of you who've read my stories, commented, voted, shared this journey with me. You've been a great community and I'm so thankful for each and every one of you. You all deserve good things.

It's been a journey. Thank you wattpad, Thank you supernatural.

xx
-Johnlox