...About Last Night

When Castiel woke up, it was like a scene from a movie where everything is white and there's a loud high-pitched noise. He clapped a hand over his eyes and groaned.
"Ah, Sleeping Beauty arises," Gabriel said offhandedly. He was sitting on his bed as usual with another comic book.
Castiel felt like shit, he didn't really know what he'd drank last night but it wasn't good - or at least now it wasn't good. His stomach was whirling around like a vortex and it felt like a construction project was going on inside his skull. "Shut up Gabe," was all he managed to mumble.
"Oh somebody's grumpy," he cooed, as if speaking to a very small child.
"Seriously Gabe,"
"OKAY THEN!!" Gabriel yelled at the top of his lungs.
Castiel winced in pain at the loud noise and tried to push his head back into the pillow, but suddenly he felt pressure building and his throat starting to contract and - Castiel got out of bed as fast as he could without falling on his face and raced to the bathroom. He could hear Gabriel laughing as he started throwing up last nights jamboree into the toilet bowl. When he eventually came back out Gabriel was standing outside the door.
"Man you smell like a brewery," he complained. "Did you use your shirt as a bar-rag? Jesus."
Castiel was confused for a moment before he looked down to his wrinkled and now stiff alcohol soaked t-shirt. That's when everything came rushing back to him in bits and pieces. The pictures weren't as clear as he would have liked but he remembered one thing in particular, Dean taking off his shirt, holding his hand. The way Dean had looked at him so intensely. But Castiel couldn't be sure what was real and what he had imagined considering how wasted he'd been.
Gabriel suddenly broke Cas out of his recollections. "Holy fuck man,"
"What?" Castiel groaned, struggling to stay upright as the world spun around him.
"What the actual heck did you do last night?" he asked, sounding super stoked.
"What are you even talking about?" Castiel grumbled as he started to limp his way back to bed. Gabriel followed close beside him.
"No no, man listen. I'd recognize that look ANYWHERE."
"What look?" Castiel asked as he eased himself back onto his bed.
"That look where you suddenly remember all the business you got up to last night!"
"Gabe, I've got a headache that would kill a horse so would you please shut the fuck up." Castiel didn't really feel like telling Gabriel what had happened, he couldn't trust him not to turn it into some widespread gossip.
"Seriously dude, tell me. I know you did something."
"No," Castiel replied as he turned his back and curled up into a ball.
"Oh shit, was it bad??" he gasped.
"No Gabe, I'm trying to fucking sleep."
"Fine," he huffed. "We have history in half an hour."
Castiel heard Gabriel gather up his things and storm out the door. When he was gone he just stared up at the ceiling.

***

"What the fuck man, you're supposed to have some bullshit art class right now."
Castiel opened his eyes and glanced at his watch. "Shit!" He'd missed three morning classes already.
Gabriel was standing at the door along with the long haired brunette guy again. "You're not even supposed to be here right now," he added. "He's not even supposed to be here right now Sam," he said to the brunette - Sam apparently.
Castiel sat up, "I've got to get ready."
"Yeah, get the hell out of here," Gabriel said as he let Sam into the room, satisfied that Cas would be leaving.
"I missed three classes."
"Sounds like your problem. Catch you later party-boy."
Castiel didn't bother to reply, he bustled around his room before finally getting himself presentable and rushing out the door and across campus as fast as his hungover self could go.

Castiel was about three feet in front of Dean's office before he realized what he was doing. He was about to go see the man he'd practically fallen all over last night, the man he'd been thinking about non-stop for the past forty-eight hours (had it only been that long?) He was lusting after his fucking professor.
His professor.
Yes, he could be a grown up about this. He just had to act like it didn't happen. He steeled himself and walked up to the frosted glass door that had Prof. Dean Winchester printed on it in nice neat letters, but before he could knock - it flew open.
"Castiel! Hi! I've been expecting you," Dean Winchester grinned as if greeting someone he'd known for years instead of days.
"Uh, hi." Cas mumbled, unsure of how to react.
"Come in!" Dean smiled, stepping back and opening the door for him.
"How are you this morning," Cas's professor asked knowingly as he took a seat at his desk.
"I've been better," Castiel replied, closing the door behind him.
Mr. Winchester's office was nice to say the least. The walls were painted a lovely ochre colour and pictures and strange relics decorated them. There was a bulletin board covered in papers, maps and torn-out book pages. Castiel was getting a definite Indiana Jones vibe from the entire place.
"I'd assume so, you were not quite yourself last night," Dean laughed.
Well there goes pretending like it didn't happen, Cas thought as he found his way to Dean's couch.
"Yeah, not really," Cas said as he stared at Dean, thinking of the way his hands burned the skin on his body where they'd touched. Dean stared back, kind of looking like he was thinking about the same thing. He cleared his throat.
"Uh, how much do you remember?" he paused, "About last night?"
Castiel felt a bright-red blush creeping up his neck. Dean looked so sexy without his suit jacket and tie, just in his white dress-shirt with the top button undone. His tan coloured suit pants which Castiel knew hugged him in all the right places. He suddenly realized he was staring at the place where Dean's shirt collar sat open to expose the dip between his collar-bones. Cas's face was burning, he pulled his long coat over his lap, praying that Dean hadn't noticed anything ~ unusual. "Um well, I remember most everything yeah."
"Tell me Cas," he said, getting up from his chair and walking around his desk to sit next to Castiel on the couch. "Do I make you uncomfortable?"
Castiel gulped, not really knowing what to say and suddenly very aware of how close Dean was to him.
"Does anything about last night make you uncomfortable?"
It took all Cas's willpower to turn and look Dean in the eyes. His beautiful deep green eyes. "No," was all he managed to choke out of his constricting throat.
"Good," Dean replied, leaning in closer, his voice gone husky, his arm resting on the back of the couch, behind Cas's head.
Castiel felt his heart pounding in his chest, the blood rushing in his ears. Dean was so close, Castiel watched him run his tongue delicately over his lips, moistening them. He could feel Dean's hand burning a hole right through him, sliding up under his coat and over the curvature of his thigh, dangerously close to what Cas had been trying to hide by covering himself. He could feel Dean's breath on his face, on his lips. He was longing just to close the space, to melt right into him, nothing had ever felt so in place, so much like it was supposed to happen.
"Cas," Dean whispered.
Suddenly their was three very loud rattling knocks on Dean's door, and he jumped away from Cas as if he'd been burnt, as if he suddenly realized what he'd just been doing.
Cas's face turned scarlet with humiliation and frustration. If this wasn't blue-balls, Castiel didn't know what was. He got up quickly and somewhat painfully and put himself in the chair in front of Dean's desk in an effort to make himself look more professional.
He didn't see Dean shooting him and apologetic look from across the room.
Dean opened the door.

"Jennifer," he welcomed, voice still raspy. He cleared his throat and tried again. "Jennifer -"
"Hello, can I come in? Thanks." She said, not waiting for an answer and barging into his office. She seemed pissed off about something.
Castiel watched her, this was the girl that Dean had wanted to talk to instead of him on the very first day. She had long blonde hair, deep chocolatey caramel eyes, pink pouty lips and a figure that looked like it had been torn straight out of a teenage boy's fantasy.
Castiel hated her on the spot.

"Well what brings you here Jennifer?" Dean asked, clearly knowing what brought her here.
"Are you fucking him?" She demanded pointing straight at Castiel.
Cas felt all the blood rush out of his face and his heart starting to pound in anxiety. What had Dean been doing?? "Wha-"
"No!" Dean yelled, feigning shock before realizing he sounded a bit to defensive. "No," he said again, this time more firmly.
"Yeah, right. You're not fucking him - just like you're not fucking ME!"
Dean looked supremely embarrassed. "Look Jen, could we maybe do this some other time -"
She cut him off, "Yeah, cus that's all I am to you! A cheap fuck."
"Jennifer," he said, taking a step closer, reaching out to her and trying to calm him down.
"No! Don't TOUCH ME!" She screamed like a banshee.
"Jen, could you maybe keep it down," Dean replied starting to sound angry.
"I'll just see myself out..." Castiel mumbled. He didn't want to get in the middle of whatever this was. He knew Jennifer was a student and obviously her and Dean had been getting up to some monkey business. She turned on him, pointing again with a perfectly manicured nail.
"No pretty boy! You need to hear this before he fucks you and LEAVES YOU!"
"Fucks you an-" Castiel cleared his throat, mind racing. This could turn ugly really fast. "De- Mr. Winchester what is going on here?" he asked innocently, trying to cover for Dean. What was he doing? Dean Winchester was obviously some kind of player - or one of those professors who dealt "extra credit" to anyone who asked.
"Oh THAT's rich, 'Mr. Winchester'," she mocked. "Do you call him that when he's got his dick in your ass?"
"What?!" Dean and Cas shrieked in union.
"I saw you!" she screamed, starting to break down. "I saw you Dean, I saw you with him at the bar last night! You were holding hands, it's sick!"
Dean paled. Castiel sucked in a breath, he should have been more careful, he should have known.
"Listen Jen, whatever you think you know -"
"I know enough," she started to sob. It satisfied Cas to know that she was an ugly crier. She stepped towards Dean and spoke venomously, "Dean we're done, you faggot." She spat in his face and stormed out the door, long blonde hair flowing out behind her.

Everything was silent after the door slammed.