1

Tatiana felt at joy with the wind blowing in her hair as she rode her horse. The guards accompanying her close behind. She wished that none of them came but it would look suspicious if no guards accompanyed her. After all, she wasn't riding in a carriage. That was already weird enough.

She wore a blue sparring outfit with her blue skirt and armor. She was wearing her brown knee-length boots. (she has auburn hair up to her shoulders and has a small birthmark under her right eye. She has dark blue eyes.) ' I'll change into a dress once I get close to the castle.' she thought.

Tatiana's parents, the king and queen of Areola, had entered her ( without her knowing)in a competition. The selection for the hand of Prince, soon to be king, Izana Wisteria of the kingdom of Clarines. 15 out of thousands of applications were chosen and hers just had to be included in the bunch. She was pretty pissed but her mother explained that she was 25 already. She should be married by now. She gave in and was headed to the castle now.

Tatiana is the second princess of the kingdom of Areola, an island kingdom. She has 3 brothers and 1 sister. She was the youngest of five. Poor her...I'm a middle child so I wouldn't know... XP

Finally, they arrived at a small village with the castle not far off. It could be seen from the bottom of the valley. She went into an herb shop to buy some tea leaves she liked. As she was paying, a girl came in. She didn't mean to be rude but Tatiana stared. The girl had hair as red as an apple with beautiful green eyes. The shop keepers called her Shirayuki. But they didn't seem fazed at her hair. She must be a regular. Tatiana payed and went outside. Edward, her aide, was waiting for her.

"You took too long, Tia" he called her by the nickname she used at home.

"I'm sorry but there was a line. There was nothing I could do about that." She shot back with a smile. Edward had been her aide since she was 8. She was used to his constant teasing.

"Aren't you going to change?" He asked.

Damn it! That's what she forgot. "I'll change when we get to the castle. Hopefully no one will see me." She assured him. But she could tell he wasn't convinced. Oh well. She can deal with his judgment later.

As they rode, Tatiana thought about how maybe she didn't have a chance. When the Prince met all of the candidates, he was going to cut 9 of them. Send them home. Hopefully that will be her.

Hello!!! This is my first snow white with the red hair fanfic. I hope you guys like it. I also might not update much but I will try!!
-Elizabeth