a Meeting for Two Plus One

Pavilyun House, a House of Lesser Nobility, is blessed with only two Daughters.

The First Daughter, me, is called Asia while the Second Daughter is called Aurora.

A beautiful name suitable for a beautiful girl. It is not an exaggeration to say that Aurora's beauty is out of this world.

The poetries, praises, songs, and many other forms of worshipful expressions given to Aurora are not unwarranted.

For one, since I have been watching from the start, the efforts Aurora and Mother put into Aurora's eventual debut into society are truly admirable. Really, I admire their tenacity in making everything goes well for Aurora and our House of Pavilyun.

You see, Mother wishes for either of us to marry into a good and rich House. If either of us catches the Royalties', i.e. the Princes' eyes, even better!

Aurora is thrilled at the thought of meeting and catching the eyes of a Prince. I enthusiastically encourage them with their plan.

Even if Aurora fails to catch the Princes' attention, there are still plenty of good and suitable young men of Upper Nobility who would love to have Aurora as their wife. That's why; good luck! Fight on!

As for me, I prefer to spend my time leisurely in Father's study room while reading books about 'Tactical Strategy of How to', 'Planning to Move?', 'Last Resorts', 'Goodbye, Life', ' Let's Run!', ' Easy Living for Dummies', etc.

Despite my taste in reading materials, I am, in no way, is trying to run away, okay?

In the first place, isn't it more suspicious for Father to own books like this?

Of course, as a normal maiden, I also read some romance stories. I have to say, leaving everything behind to be with someone you love takes a lot of courage from a person. It will be good if they end up living happily and comfortably. But, for a sheltered Noble girl to suddenly leaves her whole comfortable life behind, as expected, it would be hard. Even in a story, isn't it expected from her to start helping around the house? What if she can't do housework because she never learnt how to?

Hm? If that is the case, isn't it more beneficial for me to read the books of 'Easy Houseworks' and 'How to Live Comfortably as a Commoner'?

Yes, of course. Let's add them to my reading list.

Again, I am not trying to run away, okay? I just want to be prepared!

Aside from reading, I also have a hobby of fencing. Getting hurt is a pain, but hurting others is satisfactory. That's why; I strive to be above average in the skill of fencing!

It is, by no mean, a hobby a lady should pursue. Despite that, I have proudly embraced and polish this skill I am fond of.

Why Mother allows me to pursue such a brazen hobby? It is thanks to my sparring partner, a Son from another House of Lesser Nobility by the name of Europa Mediterran. He promises to marry me if I have yet to find a suitable partner by the time I graduate school.

I am thankful for his thoughtfulness, but I also feel complicated. That's why; I start to form a plan by using the knowledge I attain by reading Father's collection books of 'Living Comfortable in a Far Away Place' edition one to four.

I am not trying to run away, I say.

Anyway, the talk was all over the place, but the truth is, it's that. It's time for Aurora's social debut. What about mine? Ah. I, fortunately, forgot it last year.

That's why; I get to debut together with Aurora! Mother isn't happy with me, naturally, but Aurora is glad. For someone who is so beautiful to be glad for my companionship, I am touched. I don't mind letting Aurora take the stage at the party, so I secretly bring the books 'Look Away' and 'Do Not Disturb' to leisurely read and eat snacks then go home after Aurora finishes her debut. Naturally, by then, the party would be over.