M: "I welcome you, Death," & S: "Good work,"

Besides the lake, there are a pond and a fountain in Atlas Academy.

To look for someone in particular, I first search the lake. There are a lot of students hanging around at that place, seeing that the lake is indeed, a good hang out spot.

A brief scan shows no result. That's fine. Since the boat is still moored, I assume the person I am looking for is nowhere near the body of water itself. From previous experience, the chance of him hiding somewhere in the bushes while spying on people is high.

So, with that in mind, I let out a sigh. Guess I have to walk around the bushes...

After several turns, to find the colour of blue amidst the green and the brown without result... I give up.

Okay, let's search other places now. Next on the list... The pond, right.

The pond is not as vast as the lake, but it's still considerably wide. And it's full of wildlife. More prominently, insects. Just by thinking about it, I already lost any will I have left in my body to look for that person.

Uugh...

Do I give up or do I go on...?

Well, I guess taking a look won't hurt me too much... Still cost me energy though.

Going to the pond is easy. Finding the person I am looking for on the other hand...

"Hello! Looking for something?" says the person I am looking for, quite cheerfully, I might add

Not taking another step closer, to the person who is in the pond, I answer from where I stand, "Yes, I am looking for you,"

"For me?" Marine is surprised! "Why?"

A good question. I grin, "I have something for you~"

I show it casually, having been hiding it behind me, my gift for Marine. How is this~?

"I humbly decline,"

...Huh?

For Marine to say that... I am honestly shocked!

"Thank you for preparing a present for me. But, I can't accept it," showing a regretful expression, Marine apologises

"Why?" I ask, not understanding his choice to reject my gift.

"It's for our good," Marine says gravely

For our good...? I try to persuade him, "Don't you think it will be a waste to reject my goodwill?"

"To tell the truth, not really," Marine shakes his head, "In this case, while it might hurt your feelings, I think refusing your 'goodwill' is the best,"

Oh.

Okay.

Now, I am rather lost on what to do next. What should I do with this gift I have prepared...?

Heaving a great sigh, Marine tells me, "Please wait a minute. After I am done, I will take your present,"

"Nah. If you don't want it, then it's fine," I assure Marine, without any hard feelings, "I will just throw it away,"

Marine pauses, before shaking his head, "Before deciding to throw it away, I will give it a try first..."

Well... If Marine says so...

The business taking up Marine's time, the reason he is in the pond, is to help a frog which is stuck between rocks. After freeing the frog and checking for injuries, Marine allows the frog to go with a heartfelt parting.