Character Route: Earth & Luke

Earth Lightweight, the scholarship commoner, is a Senior from Class Mars in Atlas Academy.

As a new student who can be overwhelmed by schoolwork, Senior Lightweight is truly someone admirable. To maintain his scholarship, Senior Lightweight has to have a full mark on all his lessons and exams.

How can Senior Lightweight keep up the good grades? How does he study?

Let's meet him in the library, where the reference books are also available, to ask him to tutor you!

___〆(•̀▽•́ )

"I can't tell whether this is an encouragement to study or to flirt with Earth," I tell Aurora while rolling my eyes, "These booklets don't have consistent theme,"

Aurora giggles briefly, "I don't have an answer for you, Sister,"

"I guess I will have to ask the one making these booklets," I grumble, closing the booklet since it is telling us to go to the library to meet Earth. At this time of day, will he be there?

___〆(•̀▽•́ )

The library is full of books but not full of readers. It seems like today is not people's reading day. Oh, Earth is here! I see him studying alone. That's right, the final exam is getting closer. It is better to start the review early, now that I am here.

"Sister?" Aurora questions as I return the booklet to her

With a smile, I remind Aurora of our status as students, "Let's forget about these booklets and study instead. The final exams are nearing. We are about to graduate soon~"

I am feeling quite happy. Final exams are surely something dreaded upon. But, after the exams are done, we will graduate! If we pass. I don't mind the thought of leaving Atlas Academy. As for the friends I make when attending this school...

I am sure we will still meet again in some social gatherings.

"Sister," Aurora indulges my change of plan while also reminding me, "Our parents will attend the graduation party. Have you prepared your answer to what Mother will ask?"

I grimace at what Aurora asks. It is not something I want to keep remembering. I know it's important to have my answer by then, but to pressure me like this...

No. Not pressure. Aurora is just reminding me to be prepared. What about Aurora? Is she prepared?

Aurora shakes her head with a sad smile, "I don't know, Sister. I guess I will leave the decision in Mother's hand,"

"Why?" I question while furrowing my eyebrows, confused by Aurora's choice

Before she can answer, Earth appears with a warning, "Please keep your voice down in library," while glancing at librarians

I have forgotten about that rule briefly. I give Earth a sheepish smile, which he returns with an apologetic one for disturbing our conversation.

With a smile of her own, Aurora takes my hand to go find reference books on the shelves. Earth goes back to his table while waiting for us to join him. We didn't give a prior notice about it, but Earth has made some space on the table for us.

Thank you for your invitation! We will accept it! Let's study together~

✔️

Lukewarm Clime, also known as Luke, from House of Medial Nobility, is a Senior from Class Saturn in Atlas Academy.

Senior Clime is someone mysterious. There is not a lot of things known about him. Yet, he is certainly someone popular. Anywhere he goes, people will notice. Yet, to truly find him, one has to set up a serious search party.

If it's you, how will you do it?

└-(・‿・✰)-┘

"I will just...ignore him?" having been given the last booklet after finishing final exams to lift my boredom of waiting for the result, I look up to Aurora while giving my answer to the question

"Your purpose is to find him, not ignore, Sister," Aurora shakes her head as she rejects my answer. Continuing, Aurora muses, "I never really notice... But, it is true that Mr Clime is rarely seen, isn't it?"

That's a good thing for me though.

"Mr Clime is quite mysterious, indeed..." Aurora continues pondering about Luke's existence, "Speaking of which, how did you meet him, Sister?"

How, Aurora asks... Storytime.

"I was minding my own business in the kitchen," I tell Aurora while smiling as I recall what I was doing back then, "It was on the morning, at the time when we are usually allowed to use the kitchen, when I tried making something to eat,"

"After breakfast, Sister?" Aurora widens her eyes as she catches on, "You want to eat more?"

The time when we are allowed to use the kitchen is between breakfast-to-lunch hour, as stated in the past. Yes, I felt like snacking even after eating a hearty breakfast. I felt a little unsatisfied with the breakfast alone, so I decided to eat a little more. Also, I was pretty confident I wouldn't poison myself making some simple snacks.

Adding up everything, I ended up in the kitchen before I knew it. Since I was already there, I decided to just make something.

Aurora looks a little troubled by my explanation.

Shrugging, I continue with the story, "So, I was quite alone in the kitchen. While preparing the snacks, I heard some noises. Lo and behold, it's Luke, messing with the ingredients to create something incomprehensible,"

"Ah, I heard Sister talked about it before," Aurora recalls, "Poison?"

"More deadly than mine and ours combine," I nod sagely in agreement

Aurora smiles lightly, "I'd like to see the result of Mr Clime's creation,"

See but not eat. I will allow that. But, how will Aurora see it, when we are graduating soon?

"That's true... It's too bad," Aurora lets out a sigh of regret, "Sister, do you think we can try looking for Mr Clime and ask him to make a dish?"

I make a face at Aurora, "And waste the ingredients? I think not,"

"Too bad," Aurora giggles, "Well, I am fine not seeing it anyway," nodding, Aurora tells me, "I have a question, Sister,"

"What is it?" I respond

"Why do you...fight with Mr Clime so much?" Aurora tilts her head, "Don't you usually ignore the beasts instead of picking a fight with them, when they are not disturbing us?"

Why? There is no concrete answer, honestly. It is just a feeling I have, that Luke is someone I can't get along with. Even if he does nothing, even if I mostly try to ignore him, there is still this... Instinct? Something which makes me want to drive him away from me.

I acknowledge, I am sometimes overly harshly to him for no reason. Yet, Luke doesn't really mind it? Usually, he will look amused while taunting me further. It's either me or him. Something is wrong with us when he can get along fine with other people.

I am mostly inclined to believe the trouble stems from him. I too, can get along fine with other people, who are not beasts trying to court Aurora.

Now that we are about to graduate, should I try to at least separate on good term with him?