a Tag for Two plus Two

Time flies pass and works come by.

What I am about to do is no ordinary work, but a duty.

It is my duty as Aurora's older sister to protect her!

With that in mind, let's march on!

Successfully dressing up as Asian, schooling my expression to be manly, I enter the ballroom.

Since I come in rather late, using the side door, nobody pays me any attention. Good. Now, to find Aurora...

"Are you a thief?"

I flinch in surprise, turning back hurriedly to see who talks to me.

Ah, there is someone hiding in the door's corner, on the part where he can merge with shadow. The way this door is built allows him to hide there.

If no one pays attention, they really won't find him there. I tilt my head at him. Why is he there?

Stepping out once, with his hand slowly taking out a dagger hidden under his sleeve...

"I am not a thief!" I reply immediately, losing my composure slightly. That looks really threatening!

I didn't think of bringing my own weapon as protection... How careless of me. But, I can always get a dining knife or fork. Though... I am really defenceless right now!

Pausing in taking out the dagger, he still steps out into the light. Seeing him, I am surprised. He is someone who has a friendly face. But that action he did without hesitation...! So cool!

Ah, no. I mean, so dangerous!

"You are?" he asks me, stepping closer

Reverting my expression to passive interest, I answer while lowering my voice for Asian's mode, as I call it. Remember, now, I am-! "Asian, a student. You?"

He pauses, blinking at me twice. Then, relaxing his posture, with the dagger hidden again, he gives a friendly smile, "Marine,"

...A little girly, but okay. I am not someone fit to judge his parents for giving him this name. Hmm, attaching that name to this face, unexpectedly, it suits him?

Anyway, I don't have any business with him. I am going to search for Aurora... While passingly look for Europa and Arc. How surprised will they be, once they see me? I can't wait to find out!

"Join the party?" Marine asks, stepping beside me as I leave him to do what he asks...

Why is he following me? Giving him a look, I answer in Asian's mode, "Looking for someone,"

"Who? I can help," Marine smiles as he offers assistance

I'd rather not accept his help. No need to bring more beast to Aurora. I decide to decline with a simple, "No, thank you,"

He is still following me as I walk around the ballroom, looking for Aurora. I don't see her anywhere... I hope at the very least, Europa is somewhere near her, ready to protect her in my stead until I reach Aurora.

"Food?" Marine asks, pointing at the buffet table

Food. Yes, I remember now. I have not eaten yet. Scanning the ballroom once more for Aurora with no success, I turn to the buffet tables. Marine is still following me. I wonder what is his problem... Probably just doesn't want to stay alone.

If that is the case, why did he go into hiding in the first place? His reaction when I showed up was rather suspicious too. Glancing at him briefly... Ah, our gazes meet.

"Yes?" tilting his head slightly, Marine inquires

"Nothing," I shake my head to shake off my curiosity to the reason he hid from the party. It's not my business. No need to get curious about him.