Chapter 2

Your P.O.V

"Hey buddy, where are you?" I called as I opened the door with the tray of food, to which I dropped as I looked at the sight in front of me.

My bed was flipped onto the side, the mattress on the floor and the pillow and comforter strewn about, my book shelf was in shambles and my books lay torn in half or with snapped spines, not to mention the oil lamp which was shattered and scattered across the floor.

My tiny desk was now legless and every drawer was taken out of it and dumped on the floor, exposing my work and my art and my writing and everything I held dear to me, including my clothes.

My curtains were ripped to shreds, and there were pieces of the fabric in all corners of the room. It looked like a junkyard, but I couldn't care less about the furniture.

"Where are you boy?" I asked in distress as I looked for the little puppy that had been taking refuge in my home, to which I heard a whimper in the corner of the room from under the remains of my destroyed bookshelf.

I scrambled and tripped on a torn book as I lunged for the pile of rubble. I used my forearms to brace the fall, but there was glass from my oil lamp right where I landed.

I cried out in pain as the shards pierced my skin and made me bleed out. Worried that it might get infected, I ripped my arms off the floor and away from the puddle of oil, which was currently seeping into my cuts.

They were a bloody mess (A/N: Newt?) with a few shards still stuck inside the flesh and there were dozens of small cuts that drained the blood from my limbs.

I grit my teeth before crawling towards the bookshelf and ripping it apart once more. I threw the planks of the old wood across the room behind me until I found the familiar golden fur of my only friend.

I cried in joy, but it was soon cut off as I noticed his situation.

There was a rope tied around his neck, but it was too tight for the poor thing. He was having trouble breathing, and the leash was connected to a piece of brick, barely giving him any room to move.

I felt tears slide down my face as I hastily unfastened the ropes, each movement burning and hurting my arms, not to mention increasing the blood flow that secreted from my cuts.

I picked up the puppy with my weak arms before setting him down on my lap as I stroked his shaking body. He seemed horrified, and his one eye was paralyzed in fear.

"Oh my my, (Y/N)! I didn't know pieces of trash lived in dumps! Oh wait, they do. Or at least they should." A familiar voice said from the doorway.

I grit my teeth at Halley's gloating accent, and turned my head towards her.

"Hmph. The two wastes of space, clinging to each other because no one else thinks they're worth a rats ass. That thing is the closest you'll ever get to a boyfriend." She said as she motioned to the now very aggressive dog in my lap. The little guy was growling and snapping it's jaws at her, as if screaming 'let me at her!' over and over again.

"I'd appreciate it if you'd leave." I said as I looked away. She laughed at me.

"But the show is just getting started! Oh! I wonder how you're going to explain all of this to Mistress Hollins!" She said as she made a fake gasp as if this was nothing more than a game.