Chapter 29

Your P.O.V

I was relieved of my service duties until my wounds healed completely, and for now, I was sitting in an old, rickety wheelchair that was given to me by the doctor.

Sam was pushing me through the garden, both us laughing as we passed shrub after bush, enjoying the warm yet windy air and the bright sun.

It was early spring, and the flowers were just starting to bloom. He had volunteered to push my chair around until I got better, as a way of saying thanks for saving him.

Darius was a crying mess as he thanked me for saving his son, and while he thanked me and apologized, I learned that Sam's mother had died in the fire that consumed the past Aquario. I gave my condolences and then Sam offered to walk me through the garden. That led to where we are now.

The royal wedding is in a week, and I haven't spoken to Zane once. He hasn't tried either, mostly because Halley has been with him as much as possible, whether she be in his study blabbering about how itchy her dress was or at their dining table, politely talking with the king to get on his good side.

I'd always grimace as I rolled by the entrance to the dining room. Riva, Clary, and Peony were too busy with prepping for the wedding to hang out with me, and days have been rather lonely.

Everyone's kind of forgotten about boring old (Y/N).

Well, everyone except for Sam.

"Hey (Y/N)?" He started after a moment of silence. "Yeah?" I asked as I bumped a little bit after rolling over a crack in the pavement.

"I may not be able to see your expression, but I can hear your voice very well. You don't sound happy." He said, and I froze.

"Oh. I'm just a little bummed out that I can't walk." He frowned, his brown eyes staring a who knows what.

"I don't believe you, but dad said that if people don't want to talk about it, you shouldn't keep talking." He finished as he continued to roll me through the garden, a heavy silence between us.

I sighed and giggled. "For a blind kid, you're one of the most perceptive people I know." I said, and he beamed at me.

"Thanks! I try." He replied making me laugh at his optimism.

"The flowers sure smell nice, huh?" I said, and Sam laughed. "You're the first person to talk about smell instead of sight in front of me. Thanks for that. Yeah, they smell really nice."

I giggled as we passed the garden's pond, the glimmering surface rippling as a dark pink rose petal fell inside (A/N: kiss kiss fall in love!).

I softly smiled as a squirrel climbed out of a hole in a tree before scurrying down the trunk and into the forest surrounding the garden.

Then we eventually ran out of path to roll on, and I smiled. "Welp. I had a lovely time up until now. But I guess this little walk must come to an end." I said with a smile as Sam stopped pushing the wheelchair.

"Yeah, thanks for letting me walk you, miss." He said (A/N: for all the confused souls, I accidentally clicked publish right around this part but I realized my mistake and immediately deleted it. You didn't miss anything and the storyline is changed because I didn't like the one I planned to do. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the story (:).

I smiled in return and chuckled. "Why wouldn't I want my favorite little kid to push me around a garden?" I replied and ruffled his hair, even though it wasn't fluffy, and he giggled.

"We should get back before dark." He said, and I agreed. "Yeah, probably. The sun is about to touch the horizon." I said, and he sighed.

"I know people tell me the suns a giant orb in the sky made of fire and gas, but what does it look like to us?" He asked, and I thought about it for a moment.