Chapter 15

Your P.O.V

Okay. I have a crazy schedule today. First, the Lord of Alleera is coming to talk to Zane and Clary, Peony, and I have to serve them while they talk. Then, I have to stay awake until everyone else has fallen asleep, and then teach Zane how to bake a batch of cupcakes. Easy enough, right?

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WORNG WRONG WRONG WRONG!

I was running down the hall frantically as I struggled to help the other servants clean the entire castle for our esteemed guest, and I was about to pass out from stress. Then again, everyone else might too.

He will be here at midday, and we have about an hour before he arrives. Luckily, nothing is behind schedule, unluckily, I'm sweating like a pig.

I finally caught sight of the broom and snatched it before hurrying back to Zane's study.

When I got there, he himself was frantically shoving loose papers into empty shelves and trying to make them look as neat as possible.

I started to quickly sweep the dirt and dust off the floor until the dust pan was a mini mountain.

Then I dumped it in the nearest trash furnace before rushing back inside his study, seeing Clary hurriedly wiping the windows and Peony correctly organizing his shelves, unlike what Zane was attempting before.

I whipped the duster off of the middle table before waiting for Peony to finish organizing. It was a good two minutes before she motioned for me to take over, and I started to wipe the duster over every nook and cranny.

Once I finished and nothing was left untouched, I moved on to his desk, which was clean for once. I grabbed a nearby rag and dipped it in water before wiping his table at a high speed.

When I finished, it was still pretty wet, but Clary swooped in and quickly dried it with a dry towel.

She gave me a hurried wink before rushing back out the door, going to who knows where to do who knows what.

I quickly dusted off the remaining items on his desk before looking around his study. It was practically spotless, and I exhaled in relief.

"Nice job. Now go make yourself look presentable. I had a special dress delivered to your room for today. Go put it on." I heard Zane say from behind me.

I turned around and tilted my head before crossing my arms over my chest. "Do I not appear presentable?!" I exclaimed in shock, and he sighed.

"We don't have time for this, and I don't feel like hurting your feelings." He said with attitude, and I fake whimpered.

Then I sighed and gave him a smile before leaving the door, unaware of his slightly red face.

-+~•~+-

When I got to my room, Scruffy ran up to me again, but I quickly ran past him. Sure enough, a new dress lay on my bed.

It was a deep, crimson red with golden thread etched on the hem, cuffs, and collar. It was a swirly design that said nothing short of; 'I'm better than you', and a golden ribbon went around my waistline. I sighed at the arrogant aura surrounding the entire dress, so I shook my head and turned it around.

It didn't show off my back, thank Irene, but a golden bow that was about as big as my face was siting right above my waist.