Chapter 19

Third Person P.O.V

The girl laid there, her (H/L) (H/C) haired head laying on the pillow and she breathed in and out softly, with an air of peace and tranquility surrounding her as she slept.

Unknown to her, a certain person just stared at her face as she dreamt, as if trying to crack a code that had no answer.

The man couldn't help but smile from under his black mask, which surprised even himself as he realized what the girl was doing to him.

He reminisced on how she would make his heart flutter, and how he would flush when she made adorable actions and said wise words.

Without him realizing it, he just kept staring at her face, which was slightly squished on the pillow, and she sniffled a bit before lightly sneezing.

He blushed at that too.

What's wrong with me?! He thought to himself as he covered he top half of his face with his hands. Seeing as how the bottom half was already covered.

Then he parted his fingers slightly to look at her again, and she was just as vulnerable looking as before.

He then remembered the first day he met her. The day she refused a direct order from him and he contemplated killing her.

He was considering it even after their encounter, but something inside of him told him to wait.

And now...

He stared at the girl once more before smiling.

...I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life...

He thought as he shut his eyes, drifting off into sleep as he turned the dial on the oil lamp, darkness settling upon the cabin room.

The only sounds were the ocean and the two's soft breathing.

-+~•~+-

Your P.O.V

I woke up with a small yawn, tired beyond comprehension for some reason, and I slowly stretched my back until I heard a satisfying set of pops.

Then I swung my legs around and allowed my feet to hit the floor.

I smiled as I looked around, still on the ship, and then I looked over at Zane's king size bed, which was empty.

I frowned and put my glasses on for the day before grabbing my clothes and changing right there.

Thankfully, no one walked inside as I did so, making me sigh in relief, and I looked in the mirror.

Because we were on a ship, I was allowed to wear whatever I wanted, but only if it was approved by Zane. He just looked at the outfit in my hand when I showed him and nodded, but I thought it was nice.

It was just black, skin tight jeans with a (F/C) shirt under a leather jacket. The boots were designed for style and running, which made me ecstatic to finally be allowed to wear them again.

They were just made of dark brown leather, and had belt-like latches that held it tight to my legs, but the leather was loose fitted, allowing unconstricted movement.