Chapter 14

Your P.O.V

I heard the plop of the mashed potatoes hitting my tray as the maid clumped them on my plate, and I grimaced at their unnaturally yellow color before bowing and walking over to my table.

I looked around the servant's dining hall for a moment before catching sight of Clary, Peony, and Riva and walking over to them.

When Clary noticed me, she gave me a wave and I smiled in return.

I sat down next Riva with Peony in front of me and Clary sitting on her left before Clary spoke.

"So, Riva tells me that she has some good news for us!" She stated as I started gnawing on my food like an animal, something they have gotten used to.

"What's up?" I murmured through my food, and Riva flushed red.

"W-Well, uh..." she mumbled, and Clary rolled her eyes. "C'mon girl! Speak up!" She exclaimed in a playful manner.

Riva smiled at Clary before I nodded at her, and she started speaking, "Well, I was serving the prime witch of the kingdom, Mistress Rosetta, and I guess she was surprised when I gave her all the materials she asked for without a mistake the first time." Clary looked at her in shock.

"One time she asked me to grab her nether warts and I accidentally brought her some random spice." Clary murmured while she drank soup.

"I brought her a normal, rusty rod instead of a blaze rod." Peony simply said before continuing to eat her food in silence.

I didn't feel like mentioning that I've never served her, and let Riva continue. "Then she asked me if I knew how to make a potion of healing, and I remembered how to do it, and I made it. Then she told me to dump it on myself if I was so sure it was correct, so I did, and the burn on my hand went away-" I cut her off.

"How'd you get a burn?" I asked, and she chuckled. "W-Well, I accidentally poked a poker into the fire and set it down upside down. So when I went to grab it again, I burned my palm." She said with a nervous chuckle meanwhile Clary was giving her a 'really?' look, and I just shook my head with a smile on my face.

"A-Anyways, when Lord Garte asked her to select her apprentices... I guess she liked me... so she chose me." She concluded, and I nearly exploded.

"She chose you to be an apprentice?!" I exclaimed, and she nodded with a small smile.

"I'm so proud of my Little-Red-Riva!" Clary exclaimed as she bent over the table to hug Riva's small body, to which the ravenette blushed at the nickname.

"See! It works perfectly!" Clary exclaimed as she looked at Riva's small height and red face.

I laughed at Riva's flustered cheeks as Clary and her blonde locks sat back down.

Peony only shook her head with her face trained to the pages of a book she whipped out of no where.

I grabbed the sides of my bowl and stared to drink from it when Clary spoke.

"So, what about you and the high priest."

Well, there goes my soup.

I started choking on it and hacking up my lungs as Clary began laughing at me while Riva pat my back.

"W-What do you mean?!" I exclaimed through coughs.

"Well, I saw you two waking in the garden yesterday," she got close to my ear for this part "and I saw him give you his robe!" She whispered, and I just blankly stared at her.

"So?" I said, still confused. Clary only rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Are you one of those girls that likes him?" She asked, making me nearly want to throw up, so I started fake gagging.