Chapter 33

Your P.O.V

This was probably going to be my favorite day this whole week. My etiquette lessons were canceled because of a certain event that was occurring, and I couldn't help the overwhelming glee that filled my chest.

Today. Was the day.

I try out cakes for the wedding (A/N: y'all thought you was getting married 😂😂)!

I was practically bouncing on my toes in excitement as I got ready to head to the kitchens.

I smiled as the maid placed the crown on my head, and she nodded as she finished dressing me. "Beautiful as always my lady (Y/N)." She said with a bow, and I spazzed for a moment. "No need for such formalities! Please just call me (Y/N)!" I exclaimed and she nodded. "Of course my lady." She said, and I sighed.

"You're never gonna stop are you?" She gave me a smile. "I'm afraid not my lady." I smiled at her and nodded.

"Alrighty then! Let's go!" I said as I stepped off the small platform I was always dressed on and away from the wall of mirrors before walking to the door.

I opened it and the two guards that were always stationed there bowed and walked beside me as we made our way to the kitchens.

My smile never left my face when we walked down the halls, and I started daydreaming of all the different frostings and cake flavors I would get to try.

Lime, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, lemon...

Before I knew it, we were at the doors of the kitchen.

I thanked the guards as they opened the door for me, and I took in the sight of maids and chefs bustling through the kitchen creating meals and snacks for the wedding.

I froze when all of them stopped what they were doing to look at me. Then they all bowed, making me give them a sheepish smile. "Uh... hi?" I said, more as a question than a sentence.

"Good morning Miss (Y/N)." They all said simultaneously, making me yelp. Then one stood up. Chef (A/N: Ramsay) London walked towards me and gave me a large, toothy grin. "Good morning your highness. I assume you've come to try all of my delicious cakes." He said with arrogance. Although I couldn't blame him, he was pretty much known for his amazing cakes. I eagerly nodded and he made a 'hmph' sound. "Alright then. Please, follow me." He said, and led me to a room outside of the doors of the kitchen. I found us at a dining hall which was completely empty, save for the cakes that littered almost every single table and the one empty bench in the middle of the room where Zane already sat.

I gave him a smile, to which he slightly waved and looked away. I rolled my eyes at his tough guy act and sat beside him as the chef nodded. "Now if either of you gets too full, don't hesitate to ask for a potion. It won't effect your digestive system, it'll only make it so that you won't feel full." He said with a reassuring smile before he walked back into the kitchen, leaving Zane and I alone.

He turned his head to give me a real smile this time, and I returned it before standing up.

"Alright! These cakes are calling my name!" I exclaimed and started walking to the first table. "Why do you seem more excited about the cakes than our wedding?" He asked with a smirk.

I stuck out my tongue. "Duh. Because cakes will never leave me." I replied and sliced a piece of chocolate cake with vanilla icing and chocolate chips on the outer layer. "I wouldn't leave you." He added, taking a piece for himself.

"Yeah. But cake is great. It's a commonly known fact." I retorted, and he rolled his eyes before we both took a bite. My taste buds exploded, and I couldn't help but him in delight. I watched in disbelief as Zane only shrugged and set his plate down, the piece of cake on it barely eaten.