Still facing reality

Logan and Rory were sleeping beside each other in Logans hospital bed, when suddenly Rory woke up by Logan shifting, turning and talking his sleep. Rory cupped her hands around his cheeks and softly spoke to him.

"Baby wake up, everything is okey."Rory spoke to him softly.

"Hmm? Ace?"!He spoke surprised.

"Hey you, are you okey?" She asked him softly.

"Yeah I guess." He said no sounding sure.

"What were you dreaming about??" She asked him.

"I dreamt about dying... Losing you.. everyone forgetting about me." He told her almost crying.

"Baby, you're going to be just fine, no one will ever forget about you, you are an extraordinary person. You have 2 best friends how care dearly about you. I love you so much Logan, you know that. You will never lose me Logan." She told him.

"I love you to Ace, but how is everything possible going to be okey?" He asked her.

"You will beat this, i think think it's going to be really difficult, but together you and I will get through this." She told him with confidence.

A few seconds later there was a knock on the door and in came Dr.Grey in.

"Hello Logan, Rory." Dr.Grey greeted them.

"Hello Dr.Grey, is it time for Logan's chemo session?" Rory asked Dr.Grey.

"Not right now, but we will be ready in two hours and then we'll come to get Logan." Dr.Grey replied.

What are the consequences? Logan asked.

"There are - Chemo - Anemia and thrombocytopenia, when they occur, are improved with blood transfusion. Nausea and vomiting are two of the most feared cancer treatment-related side-effects for cancer patients and their families.
Hair loss can usually be caused by chemotherapy that kills rapidly dividing cells; other medications may cause hair to thin. These are most often temporary effects: hair usually starts to regrow a few weeks after the last treatment." Dr.Grey answered.

Logan realized that it actually was real.. He had cancer..

Rory realized that Logan was caught in his own mind. She saw he couldn't take more information right now.

"I'll be back just in time before they take you to chemo Logan." Dr.Grey said.

"Thanks Dr.Grey." Rory responded instead for Logan.

Shortly after Dr.Grey had left Logan phone rang, Rory saw he didn't hear it since he was deep in thought so she decided to look whom was calling. When she saw it was Logan's dad Mitchum calling.

She decided not to answer since neither Logan or Rory had the strength to deal with him right now. She decided to go down to the cafeteria to get them both some coffee.

"Logan? Do you want some coffee?" She asked him?
"Yeah sure ace." He replied still in deep thoughts.

"I'll be right back baby, okey?" She hated to leave him here but she had to.

"Do you have to leave ace??" He asked not wanting to her to leave.

"Yes, if you want coffee, then I have to." She replied not really wanting to leave him either.

"Take me with you?" He begged her.

"I'm not sure that is a good idea Logan, I don't want you to be exposed to everything that's contagious." She told him.

"Please ace?" He begged again.

"Fine, but I'm getting you a wheelchair, I don't want you to fall down or worse faint again okey?" She told him giving up.

"Okey ace, if it means I get to come with you."He said.

"I'll be right back baby." She told him.

Rory left Logan's room to find a wheelchair and also to find Dr.grey to tell her that they were going down to the cafeteria for a while. She didn't find Dr.Grey but found a wheelchair by the nurses station.

"Excuse me? Is it okey if I borrow this?" She asked a nurse.

"Sure." A nurse replied.

She took the wheelchair back to Logan's room but when she got there, she found him asleep. She put the wheelchair by the door, looked at her watch and saw it was an hour and thirty minutes left until his first chemo session. She walked up to him and kissed him on his forehead and covered him with a blanket.

Then she took a pen and paper, then she wrote a note letting him know she went down to the cafeteria to get something to eat for them both and two cups of coffee, and she would hurry back. She ended the message with I love you.
She was almost by door when she saw Colin and Finn coming towards her with bags, she almost ran up till them and before they could talk she asked them to be quite.
She pointed towards the nurses station and they walked over there together.

"Hello love, how's our boy doing?" Finn asked her.

"He's sleeping right now, but you can tell he's not taking it very well." Rory replied.

"I guess that's to be expected considering."Colin said.

"Since you guys are here maybe you could go down to the cafeteria and get us something to eat and some coffee?" She asked the both.

"Of course love, we're just going to put these things in Logan's room, okey?" Finn asked.

"Sure, go ahead, just try to be quiet?" She asked them.

They went quietly in to Logan's room and laid down the bags that they were carrying. Then Colin and Finn went down to the cafeteria to get some coffee and food. Rory pulled up a chair beside Logan's bed, looking at the note she had written, she took it and throw it in the garbage.

About 20 minutes later the boys came back with food and coffee. They saw Logan was still asleep so they decided to go and eat by the chairs just out side of Logan's room but Rory said they could stay and eat in Logan's room because she thought it was time to wake up Logan again.

"Logan, baby it's time to wake up, the boys are here." She said while gently shaking him and whispered softly.

"Hmm ace...??" He asked sleepy.

"Hello there sleepyhead." Finn joked.

"Hey Finn, Colin." He said while rubbing his eyes.

Suddenly Rory froze, Finn and Colin turned around and did the same while Logan wasn't sure who was standing there in the doorway.

"Hello Son."Mitchum Huntzberger greeted.

How will this go?? I'm sorry I had thought to have Logan's chemo session in this chapter but I promise it will be in the next one.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, will post as soon as I can :)