Chapter 14 - The favor

Landry's P.O.V.

The day after Amber had messaged me and threatened to post the video I had a whole day of work infront of me. While getting my hair and makeup ready I told Lauren what had happened yesterday and how I somehow needs to get Ricky to go out with Amber.

"Landry, is it really worth it? I mean, it's only a video and besides, I don't think it will destroy your friendship with Ricky. What could destroy it is if she gets together with him and pulls him away from you like she did with that boy in 3rd grade that you told me about...." Lauren said.

"It is... He'll look at me differently if he knew I have a crush on him... I need to find a way to get him to go out with her. I mean Amber only said he had to go out with her on a date and not  get together with her, atleast she didn't pointed that out in the text although I know it's what she wants..." I said.

"Okay, good luck then... If you need any help you can always come to me" She said.

"Thanks Laur" I said and smiled.

We then walked onto set and the first shooting of the day began. It was now lunch break and we all just finished eating. I walked over to Ricky's dressingroom and knocked on the door.

"Oh hi Landry, what's up?" He said and smiled as he opened the door.

"Hi Ricky, can we talk?" I said.

"Yeah of course, come in" He said.

I walked inside and we sat down in his couch.

"So what did you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Well uhm... could you do me a favor?" I said.

"Yeah sure, what is it?" He said.

"This will sound weird but I need you to go out on a date with this old friend of mine" I said and bit my lip.

"Okay? Why though and who's she?" He asked confusedly.

"I can't really tell you why but just trust me please. If not something will happen and that would not be good... Well you know Amber from Disneyland" I said.

"The girl who used to be mean to you? Yeah I remember her but there's no way that I'm going out with her. Why do you even want me to, you hate her because she was mean and you said she hadn't changed at all and just wants to steal me from you. You're kind of helping her right now you know" He said.

"Yeah, uhm about that. I was actually wrong about her. We met up yesterday at Starbucks and talked. She said that she was really sorry for everything and that she wanted us to start over... She's actually really nice now" I lied.

"Landry, I can tell when you're lying. I know you to well" He said.

"Dang it..." I said loudly.

"What's going on with you? What has happened? You know you can tell me anything. I just want to understand why you all of a sudden wants me to go out with her" He said and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Okay fine, she hasn't changed at all... She's threatening me that that if I don't get you to go out with her she'll post another video of me online and..." I began.

"Another video? The dancing in the grocery store wasn't that bad. Just let her do it" He said.

"Just trust me, this video is so much worse. I was telling this huge secret to Lauren the other night and she secretly filmed it. I don't want it to be all over the internet for everyone to see, like I want my privacy" I said.

"Oh, well everyone deserves their privacy... I'll help you" He said.

"Seriously? Thanks so much! You're the best friend ever!" I said and hugged him tightly.

"Yeah, I'd do anything for you. But I only have to take her on one date right? Like I don't have to actually get together with her?" He said and hugged me back.

"Exactly, one date and that's it!" I said as I pulled away from the hug.

The rest of the day I was so relieved and could focus better on the acting. I'm thankful that Ricky is such a good friend and I actually did tell the truth except what the secret was but he still respected it and said he'd help. After we had finished recording for the day, I walked home with Ricky to his house and we facetimed Amber. During the facetime Ricky fake asked her out and asked which hotel she was staying at. He told her he'd pick her up tomorrow at 7 pm in the hotel lobby. Amber got really excited and we then ended the facetime. Since it was friday evening and tomorrow neither of us had no work or anything planned during the day I ended up staying the night at Ricky's house. We had such a great time and I made Ricky watch The Sitter which we had talked about in the dressingroom periscope a couple of days ago. Ricky loved the movie and said his favourite character was Blithe aka me. I told him I named my dog after my character in the movie and he found it super cute. I then fell asleep while we watched a second movie while laying in Ricky's bed since we watched the movies on the TV in Ricky's room.