Chapter 2

Harry couldn't believe his Jackie was back and in his arms, or that she turned out to be this gorgeous person he's holding now.

Jackie couldn't believe she is with her Harry again, and he ended up being so damn tall and good looking.

"God I've missed you so much." Harry whispers as he holds Jackie tight. "You have no idea how much I regret not coming to tell you bye."

Jackie raises her head off Harry's shoulder and looks him in the eyes. "I've missed you too. And Harry, I forgive you for that. Hell, I was a mess that day, if you'd had been there I would have died having to leave you behind." She says as she reaches up to wipe away a few of the tears that has escaped the corner of his eyes. "I stayed away from here too long, as it is, I passed the bar last year, worked with a firm in the city my parents moved to when we left here." Jackie says with a shake of her head. "I hated it, my parents don't talk to each other or me anymore. There was nothing holding me there and everything here for me to move back to, at least I'd hoped there was."

"There is." Harry says. "Even though you left I refused to. I stayed hoping you'd come home." Harry says as he sits down on the top step of the porch with Jackie in his lap, not willing to let her go yet. "You look so amazing." Harry grins.

"So do you." Jackie chuckles. "You're so damn tall, what the hell."

Harry laughs. "Makes my job easier. I can see what others can't just by looking over things." He says with a chuckle.

"Gemma told me you were the town sheriff. You always said that's what you wanted to be, so you could protect everyone you love." Jackie says as she lays her head on Harry's shoulder.

"Yeah." Harry says, wrapping his arms around Jackie, resting one hand on her hip and the other on her thigh. "And you, you're the lawyer you always wanted to be so you could throw the criminals I catch in jail." Harry says, kissing the top of her head.

"Of course, we were always on the same team in everything we did." Jackie sighs as her eyes start to drift close. "Why change that now?" She says with a yawn.

"Hey, don't fall asleep on me." Harry says, bouncing his legs. "Come on, we'll be rude and leave. Let's go tell Liam and Dani."

"You don't have to leave early on my account. I shouldn't have came after making such a long drive, but after Gemma told me you would be here I had to come." Jackie says, trying to cover another yawn.

"I'm glad you did, but I'm not letting you drive home this tired, and I'm not ready to leave your side yet." Harry says. "Jackie, I just got you back, I'm not letting you go so soon." Harry says as he stands up.

Jackie takes Harry's hand and smiles. "Fine with me, my place has an extra room for you to stay in, you're welcome to it." She says as she follows Harry back into the house.

"Well, have you decided to share our old friend with the rest of us?" Louis asks as he watches Harry and Jackie approach the group.

"Nope." Harry says, throwing his arm around Jackie's waist. "I'm taking her home, she about fell asleep on me out there. Liam we'll come pick her car up in the morning."

"Actually, it's the red truck out there." Jackie says. "Liam here's the keys in case you need to move it so someone can leave." She says as she hugs him, she then hugs Louis, Niall, Sam, Gemma and Dani. "It was great seeing all of you again, and if I wasn't about to fall on my face I'd stay, but we'll have plenty of time to catch up since I'm never leaving this place again." Jackie says as she grabs Harry's hand. "Night everyone." She says with a small wave as Harry pulls her toward the door.

"Hmm, wonder how long they stay former best friends and realize how perfect they are for each other." Niall says.

Dani, Sam and Gemma look at each other with a smile. "I give it a week." Louis says.

"Nope. Harry will be stubborn, it'll take him longer to realize what he feels for Jackie is love." Liam says. "I just hope he doesn't drive her away in the process."

"We'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen." Niall says. "Hell, we all know that's why Harry's never had a serious relationship. No one has ever measured up to his Jack's standards, even after all these years."

"Yeah, and now no one ever will. That girl is gorgeous." Sam says. "I would love to get her in my studio sometime, I bet she'd be a natural in front of a camera."

"Yeah, and did you see the look on Harry's face when Gem said her name?" Dani asks everyone. "Poor guy looked like he either swollowed his tongue or was about to puke and cry at the same time."

"Sure didn't take him long to disappear with her." Gemma says. "I can say this though, they do make an adorable couple, with their size difference."

Everyone else just agreed, then started planning on how they were going to make sure Harry and Jackie becomes the couple they need to be.