Chapter 4

Opening the door to the cafe, Harry lets Jackie enter in front of him, once he's in the door he takes her hand to lead her to his usual booth, only to see tables pushed together with Liam, Dani, Sam, Louis, Niall and Gemma all already sitting there waiting for them.
"So much for a peaceful breakfast." Harry whispers for only Jackie to hear.

"We could have stayed home, I do know how to cook you know." Jackie whispers back.

"Well shit, will you look at that." Louis says just as Anne walk out to the kitchen. "Our girl isn't home even one full day and she and Harry are back to their old tricks."

Anne freezes when she hears that and looks at the girl with her son, at first she doesn't recognize the tiny girl, then she raises her head and their eyes lock. "Oh my God, Jackie." Anne whispers as she makes her way to the couple. Shoving the plates she's holding into Harry's hands, Anne grabs Jackie into one of her famous hugs. "Good Lord girl it's about time you came home." Anne cries.

Jackie wraps her arms around Anne's waist and lays her head on her chest, just like she used to when she was a kid. "Wow, I sure did miss your hugs, Momma Anne." Jackie whispers, then bursts into tears once again.

"Fuck." Harry snaps as he passes the plates he's still holding to Louis. He then picks Jackie up and runs to the kitchen with her with his mom and Gemma at his heels. "Babe, breath. You're going to be fine. Now you want to tell what this is all about?" Harry asks as he wipes her tears away.

Jackie shakes her head. "I just missed all of you so much. After we moved from here mom and dad started fighting all the time, then I found out dad was cheating on mom. They got a divorce when I was in high school but the damage was done by then, they had already quit talking to each other and me because I refused to pick a side." Jackie explains. "I guess Anne's hug was the first motherly hug I've had since I've moved from here."

"Oh, darling, I'm always giving my kids and those kids out there a hug. And now that I have my favorite adopted daughter back, any time you need a hug I'll have one for you too." Anne says as she hugs both Jackie and Harry.

Jackie chuckles and kisses Anne's cheek. "Well I've been hugged more in the passed ten hours than I have in the past twenty years. That even includes Harry hugging me all night." Jackie says, letting everyone know where Harry spent the night.

"Well on that note, boss, don't you think we better eat? We'll all be late for work if we don't." Niall laughs.

Harry raises one eyebrow at the group of people in the kitchen doorway. "I'm the boss, if I can't be late and not get in trouble then somethings wrong." Harry smirks.

Jackie laughs. "Come on, feed me. I'm hungry and I still have to get my office in order or I'll never be making any money." She says pulling Harry out of the kitchen. Once in the dining area Harry sits down and pulls Jackie down beside him.

"So if you came home last night, why am I just finding out this morning?" Anne asks as she sets platters full of bacon, eggs, sausage and pancakes down on the table.

"That's my fault." Gemma says. "We happen to be on the ferry at the same time. I noticed how nervous she looked so I decided to talk to her. It didn't take me long to figure out who she was."

"We exchanged numbers when Gem told me about Liam's party, after I got to the law office I unloaded my truck, unpacked a few things then got ready. Gem text me the directions to Liam and Dani's place and I put off unpacking so I could go there. Twenty years away from Harry was nineteen years three hundred and sixty-four days to fucking long." Jackie says slamming her hand on the table.

Harry just picks her up and places her in his lap. "Don't you dare start crying again. Jack, we're together now and as I said before, no one will separate us again." Harry whispers.

Jackie throws her arms around Harry's neck and buries her face into his neck. "I've changed my mind." She whispers. "I'll take you up on your offer, five miles is to far away from you right now. I can't do it." Jackie says causing Harry's heart rate to speed up and a grin to split his face.

"Fine with me. We'll move you in tonight when I get off work." Harry says as he kisses her neck. "Now eat so I can go to work."

Jackie nods but stays in his lap, in fact she just piles enough food on his plate for the both of them then hands Harry a fork. Harry smiles and starts eating, it's not like they haven't done this many times before, yeah they may have been six at the time but the mechanics haven't changed, just the age. And maybe the feelings, he admits to himself.
Once they were done eating, Harry kisses his mom on the cheek then moves so Jackie could do the same.

"Jackie here's your keys." Dani says. "I drove your truck since Liam needed his patrol car."

"Oh, thank you. Do you need a ride anywhere?" Jackie asks her.

"Nope. Liam is going to drop me off on his way in to the station. We'll see you at lunch I'm sure. We all come here." Dani says.

"Yep." Harry says as he pulls her phone out of back pocket so he put his number in it, and hands her his so she can do the same with his. "Unless something comes up we alway come here around noon. If you can't make it call me so I don't worry." Harry says, kissing her cheek. "I gotta run."

Jackie just waves him off with a smile as she walks to her truck. Damn she's so glad she moved back, what she wasn't counting on is her feeling for Harry to be so strong. Going from childhood best friends to so much more, she just hopes he feels the same.