Chapter 25

Harry opens the door and quietly walks into the house, taking his utility belt off he locks it up before heading into the kitchen, when he gets to the doorway his jaw drops. There is food everywhere, all over the floor, cabinets, table, chair, it's like nothing was left untouched, turning, he heads toward the twins bedroom hoping to find his wife and kids there. Walking down the hallway Harry hears splashing coming from the bathroom closest to the twins room so he stops and eases the door open what he sees in there has him rushing forward.
Will and Jay were in the tub, splashing, having the time of their lives, but Jackie is on the floor, covered with water, bits of food, crying.
"Oh, hey, baby." Harry says as he walks to Jackie, kneeling down beside her. "What is all this?" He asks as he pulls her into his lap, not caring about all the water on the floor.

"I'm sorry, everything's a mess." Jackie sobs. "I wanted to have Will and Jay fed by the time you got home. Will decided he wanted to play with his food, then Jay joined in. How the hell can two one year olds make such a mess in such a short time?" Jackie cries.

"Babe it's fine. This has happened before, why are you letting it upset you this time?" Harry asks as he picks food out of her hair.

"Because, damnit, Harry, garlic is making me sick again." Jackie smiles as more tears stream down her cheeks.

Harry's eyes widen, a slow, wide grin appears on his face causing his dimples to crease his cheeks. "Oh baby." He says as he hugs her tight.

"Daddy, hug." Will says, holding his arms up.

Harry turns, grabs both boys out of the tub, plops them in Jackie's lap and hugs his beautiful family, water and all. "Go get cleaned up, babe, I'll take care of double trouble and this mess." Harry says, kissing his wonderful wife.
..............

Three days later Jackie walks into Harry's office, she stops when she sees the woman sitting on his desk in front of him. She is about to back out when she hears. "If you don't move your ass right now, not only will I arrest you for harassment, but I'll have my wife sue you for whatever she can come up with." Harry snaps at the woman in front of him.

"Wait? You're married? A good looking man like you?" She asks as she leans forward, causing her blouse to gap open.

Jackie crosses her arms and leans against the doorway. "He is married, and has year old twins to boot." Jackie says, causing the woman to spin around. Jackie pushes off the doorframe and walks the rest of the way into the room. "Are you implying that just because Harry is good looking he can't be married?" Jackie asks as she sits in his lap.

Harry just smiles and kisses Jackie's neck. "Hey, baby. Is it time to leave?"

"Almost." Jackie replies, kissing Harry's cheek. Then turning back to the woman still sitting on the desk. "Thea, what are you doing here? Did you fuck your way out of a job at the old firm?" Jackie asks.

"Wait, you know her?" Harry asks.

"Oh yeah, Thea and I go way back. We worked at the same law firm in the city. She was pissed because I was given more high profile cases, so she tried to sleep her way to the top. Now I'm not sure what happened after I quit, but when I was still working with her she'd drop to her knees for any one of the partners if she thought it would help her get name in the papers." Jackie says.

Thea smiles. "Oh don't act all innocent, little miss perfect. You can sit there and claim I was the only one who used sex to get what I wanted, but I don't believe that for a second. Why else would you have gotten all the best cases?" Thea snaps.

"Honesty, integrity, being the best at her job." Harry snaps back, wrapping his arms around his wife. "I'll have you know, my wife was a virgin when we got married, so don't ever come in this office and accuse her of something like that again." Harry yells as he sets Jackie on her feet and stands up beside her. "We have an appointment we need to get to." Harry says as he covers Jackie's abdomin. "We're about to find out if our twin sons are going to be big brothers or not. Now get out of my office and don't come back." Harry says motioning Thea out.

Thea looks at Jackie, she doesn't look like she's had one kid, no less two, but that doesn't mean a husband won't cheat. And she's just the girl to find out if he will. She really didn't believe they had twins either, she thought as she walks toward her car. Just as she's about to get in Thea hears the childish voice calling for mommy and daddy, turning she sees two identical kids about one year old running to Jackie and Harry, with a shake of her head, Thea is about to drive off, forgetting her plan, she wants nothing to do with kids. Her cousin Kate will have to find someone else to break up her ex and his wife, she won't do it.
"Jackie!" Thea calls out. "Hang on just a sec, please. I just wanted you two to know I didn't just show up out of thin air." Thea explains. "Kate is my cousin, when she found out I used to work with you she wanted me to step in and break you two up since it didn't work when she tried last year." Thea says. "I'd watch out if I were you, I'm leaving. Hope you are happy and good luck."

"Thank you." They both say at the same time, as they each pick up a twin and walk away.