20 | GREYWATER WATCH Part Three

_______12/08/16_______

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy,
When skies are grey.

You'll never know dear,
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.

The old song from a distant radio woke her up with a smile in the early morning drizzle. It didn't even take her long to process that Jon Snow has brought the power back in the cottage.

It troubled her though, not with repulsion, but with captivation how the more she knew of this notorious man, the more he disappointed her.

Because he was good.

Edd was right. In the depths of his dark brooding mask and behind the bad reputation he built, she now believed that there was hope for Jon Snow after all.

After last night, after that dance, after that confession about his frustrations and of where his intentions lie brought him to the light where Dany could see him clearly than before. He seemed more flawed, deeper and more human. Could he be more perfect than how he appears?

She caught a glimpse of her reflection as she entered the bathroom. Her cheeks burned crimson red from the discovery that she was completely unaware she has been smiling the whole time.

It was humiliating for her proud self to be this smitten by a man she wasn't really fond of at the beginning. The sensation was too much that she yearned for an intake of the poisons from the next room in high dosage.

______________

"Good morning." He said huskily without batting an eye on the book he's been reading when she went out of the bathroom in cargo shorts and a white T-shirt.

Jon sat on the counter with a cup of coffee in his other hand —calmly controlled as he'd been that she was almost convinced what happened last night was a dream.

"Good morning." She walked towards the little kitchen in a controlled expression herself as she dried her hair with a towel and clutched the dog-eared books by arm. "You left these on the floor."

"Thank you." He reached for it with his signature teasing smile and placed the books on the counter. "Do you want to cook for breakfast?"

"That depends. Do you want to burn this place down?" She sat on one of the stools beside the counter with a wholly serious façade.

"Nonsense. Cooking is not rocket science. You can't be that bad." Jon chuckled, staring down at her very unusual choice of clothing. There were women's clothes belonging to Howland's wife that Jon had prepped for her but she probably preferred Howland's better.

"Oh, but I am." She flinched slightly as the lightning brightened the room and the thunder followed—booming in the skies.

The storm has come.

"Hasn't anyone told you that the way into a man's heart is through his stomach?" He sipped his cup again but never averted his eyes from her. There was another roar from the skies and he observed how she held her breath until it was over.

"I think you hit your head pretty hard in the crash to make you think I'm trying to win your heart." She smirked with a hint of disdainful humor on her tone. "And besides, there are better ways other than preparing a meal."