25 | THE DAWN

WARHEAD DETONATION
COUNTDOWN
00 hrs 41 mins

The door ascended to reveal the man, known for his notorious golden set of hair, stepped forward to greet her expression of terror. "Expecting someone else?"

Her eyes were fierce as the flood of immense hatred consumed her. "Actually, you're just the person I wanted to see."

"Is that so?" He chuckled, casually walking towards her — only to stop a few feet away.

Her brow raised, voice stern — as she took one good look at her nemesis. "So the Order's into bounty hunting now?" She asked, recalling her adventure in the Basilisk Isles.

"I call it an incentive program of pursuing fugitives." He explained while his fingers combed his iconic gold blonde hair.

"A fancy way to call it." Her head slightly tilted to the side with mockery in her tone.

"The kids love it." Jaime seemed to be enjoying their snarky back and forth of a dispute as much as he wanted to get in her nerves.

"Does commander know about this?" She asked, blatantly concerned if the Order was not as it used to be.

"Does commander—?" He mimicked her, offended by the question of authority. "My brother's hands are full at the moment."

"What's keeping him occupied?"

"And why should I tell a rogue spy?"

"It's not so much of a secret that you underestimate me. Without a doubt, I wouldn't live to tell tales." Her voice was softer, as she walked to the table and looked back at him with alluring violet eyes.

Jaime smiled menacingly. "That is correct. I'd love to share on what I wish was a definitive ploy to eliminate rogues like you but it's nothing close to that. You'd probably die of boredom."

"Try me." She challenged.

He walked up the little staircase to get closer to his prey with the long table between them. "What concerns me though is how you escaped, stole my bike and left it burning on the sidewalk. It was Robb who helped you, was it?"

"No." She denied.

Jaime smirked widely as if he just detected the lie in Daenerys' tongue. "Hmm. Speaking of that Northern dolt, his bastard brother — where is he?"

"I don't know." She honestly didn't but even if she knew, she'd say the same.

"I thought he —." Jaime caught the flash of sadness in her eyes and began sniggering hysterically. "Was he the one who locked you in?"

Daenerys didn't want to believe that but nonetheless, her heart sank just as her mind welcomed the possibility.

"Oh sweet, Mother, Warrior, Stranger! Look at his effect on you." He chuckled again, ridiculing her yielding heart. "I was hoping I'd find both of you together. It would've made my job a lot easier."

"Easier, alright. Easier death wish for an old man." She spoke through her teeth, her temper getting the best of her.

"Oh, honeypot. This old man may surprise you. I still got party tricks off my sleeves." He swaggered, tossing his rifle at the farthest corner of the room.