16 | ATTEMPTS Part Three

_______12/05/2016_______

4:00 A.M.

A shuffle, a turn, a tumble.

Daenerys Targaryen couldn't sleep. How could she—flustered as she was—fall into a deep slumber? Her mind was restless, analyzing every factor that came across the nodules of her brain just to hypothesize an explanation to everything that circled back to Jon Snow.

And of all the queries running round her head, she managed to filter the very root of all her questions. Why is he doing all of this?

For money? No. Definitely not. It was too shallow if he needed money. An illegitimate son he might be but he is still the son of Ned Stark. He was still inheriting a chunk of riches that could have built this wonderland he calls a home. But he joined the Night's Watch instead and renounced his inheritance. She shuffled to her side, drowning in confusion. Then he has a bedroom that only made it worth more than a million dragon coins because of his extensive collection of books?

For power? Probably but not completely. He rebelled against the Night's Watch to build his own empire. But even so with his highly advanced weapons that could take over Westeros and Essos overnight, he still remained in the shadows. Or maybe that's what the transmitter is for and Roose Bolton might have something to do with it? But there was still no concrete proof for that.

But why spend all those times working and teaching in the dark without any motives? Of course he has motives but Dany saved herself from pondering about it before she gets brain damage. It's just a matter of time before she finds out.

And then just like that, her cheeks burned red when she mistakenly let her guard down so her mind could go free to wander on its own. She needed a distraction to keep her from hyperventilating at the sight she beheld behind that bookcase/door. Who makes hidden bathrooms anyway?! She squirmed in embarrassment.

Raising her arms up for a stretch, she got up and sat by the tall glass windows to admire the northern lights dance in the sky. A peculiar sight caught her eye when she saw smoke floating from a white covered hilltop nearby with men dressed in black sat by the fire.

In a heartbeat, she put 3 layers of clothing under her white mink coat and busted out the door to get a closer look.

"Princess!" Avery stopped her by the time she reached the door towards the snow.

Dany almost punched him, not for startling her but for the aggravating nickname he called her. "It's Dany!"

"Sorry, I figured it's okay since the men call you prin—" Avery paused when she turned her back and kept walking. He was perplexed at her change of demeanor towards him. She wasn't hostile yesterday.

She didn't let him finish and trudged in six inches of snow only to register how cold it was in the Land of Always Winter post-storm. Under her breath, she cussed, regretting not adding more layers to her clothing. Heck, she could've worn all of it.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Avery followed her and kept up with her pace. He thought she was fast for her short stature.

"To the campfire?" Dany asked if he knew about it and his expression told her he did. And then, he suddenly halted. "You coming, Ave?"