Chapter 1

Jonathan pov.

School had ended and I didn't know what to do now, so Luke and I got a job at a local café just to earn some money and hopefully make time fly. I felt like a loser, not knowing what to do with my life, nearly everybody from school knew. My family and I couldn't afford college, so that was not much of an option.

There weren't any costumers at the café at the moment so Luke and I sat and talked.
"I don't know what to do man, it has been months since school ended. And it isn't helping me that you start your college in 6 months!" I said looking at the ground. Luke grabbed my shoulders and looked at me with concern in his eyes.
"Look, I know things haven't been easy for you- ". "NO, they haven't!" I cut him off quickly. Tears forming in my eyes from anger.
"Sorry..." I said, feeling bad for snapping at him. Not trying to cry.
"No, it's okay. Just go home, I can take care of your shift and tell the boss you weren't feeling well. You need to lay down because you get too stressed over these thoughts you have".
He made a weak smile and hugged me.
"Thanks. See you tomorrow." I said and left the café.

Laying in my bed in my shitty apartment, thoughts started to hit me. I need a drink or many. I got up and left my apartment, walking to the nearest bar. I walked in and looked around, heading straight to the bar.
"Give me your strongest... please." I told the bartender.
"Rough day?" he asked me while pouring me a drink.
"Rough life." I answered and took the drink, not looking up. 

(Start song.)

I kept pouring drink after drink down my throat for what seemed like hours. Drunk out of my mind I felt like dancing without thinking, just dance. I went out in the middle of the dancefloor and danced, the only thing I could hear was the music and the beat filling my body. People had moved out of my way and stood in a circle around me and stared. Some of them calling me a faggot or gay for dancing like I did, others even said it was beautiful, but I didn't care about any of them or what they said about me, good or bad. For the first time in years, I didn't think about the people around me, I felt free, happy and alive. My heart beating at the same pace as the music.
I can't control myself.
Suddenly I felt hands slide around my waist, it tingled up my spine, but I kept dancing. I didn't want to stop for just anybody.
"If you want to keep your hands there I suggest you keep up with my rhythm. Are you up for that challenge?" I yelled over the music, hoping the person behind me could hear me. How am I this confident? I could feel the person nearing my ear. I kept my eyes closed, but then I heard an all too familiar voice whisper in my ear. "Try me."
I felt chills crawling up my spine, music blasting in my head and memories streaming in, in an attempt to remember who, he was.
It couldn't be! Evan?
I was spun around a couple of times until my chest met his. I kept my eyes closed. He took me by my waist and said "Dance with me." I did as he told and he could actually keep up with my pace. He followed my moves in sync with me and I felt something I haven't felt in a long time. Happiness.

The song stopped and we stood there in the middle holding on to each other, breathing heavily. My head laying on his shoulder and his head on mine, breathing in his sweet scent. I finally calmed down and got the courage to open my eyes and see if it really was who I thought. And there he was, with sweaty raven black hair in a faux hawk, tan skin and chocolate brown eyes staring back at me, his cheeks flush a bright red. It was Evan, my high school crush. I could see he was just as drunk as I was. My heart started to beat faster and faster, but I didn't feel nervous, not like I was in high school.
Now is my chance, grab it!
I leaned in, our foreheads meeting, eyes still locked on each other.
"Remember me?" He said with a smirk on his lips, the lips I couldn't stop staring at. I nodded. Feeling a sudden confident rush over me I said,
"I live alone if you want to take this somewhere more private?"
I could see the lust in his beautiful eyes as his eyebrows raised a little from my question. But what made my eyes widen and my smile big was his answer.
"Yes, I have waited for this!"