Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Confessions

Kade’s P.O.V

“What do you mean she’s gone?!” I roared, my breathing ragged as I clutched the table to keep myself from lunging across the table at Damon. He gulped and shied back in his seat.

“I overheard her friend Kyle talk about it before he stormed off in her car. He’s positive she went home.” He said, not looking me in the eye. I sighed and slumped in my seat, a lump of fear for my mate forming in my throat.

“Does she not know what kind of danger she’s getting herself into by going back there? Her brother was killed back there. Is she crazy?” I ranted to myself.

“If it were me, I’d want revenge, but she seems smarter than that to run off in the middle of things like this.” he stated, bringing my suspicions to truth.

She never knew what was happening, or what her father had done. Typical pathetic alpha, not admitting to the trouble he caused. I growled and stood up abruptly, causing Damon to flinch.

“I’m going after her. God knows the rogues probably have her by now.” I grunted as I stormed out of the house towards my car.

“Who’s going with you? You obviously can’t go alone.” Damon shouted after me as I opened the door to my car and jumped in.

“The one person who can give me directions.” I stated as I slammed the door and tore out of my driveway towards the school dorms like a bat out of hell.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

Skylar’s P.O.V

I woke up shivering, on a cold concrete floor. I tried to sit up, but a sharp pain shot through my body, preventing me from sitting, so I crumpled to the floor again and whimpered.

Looking around my surroundings while I was laying down, I realised I was locked inside a type of jail cell. I scoffed. Typical place to put me. Suddenly, a muffled sound of footsteps filled the room along with a creaking noise of a metal door, and more thumping footsteps as someone walked down the stairs.

“Hello, love. Nice of you to finally wake up.” the man that I recognised as my captor said as he came in front of my cage.

“What, you lock me up in a first date without a name?” I fake teased, gritting my teeth as he laughed.

“That is a little inconsiderate of me and un-gentleman like isn’t it? Allow me to introduce myself then. My name is Axel Knightly.” he said proudly with a hint of amusement. I rolled my eyes.

“Nothing knightly about you.” I muttered which caused him to chuckle.

“Silly girl. When will you learn you can’t resist our fate.” he said, coming closer to the bars in front of me.

I shuddered involuntarily and tried to sit up again, whimpering softly as I crumpled to the floor again when another wave of pain washed through my body. I heard the faint sound of rattling bars before I felt familiar strong arms wrap around me, cradling me to his chest in the sitting position.

I looked up into Axel’s dark grey eyes confused. He stared back in worry, stroking the back of my head.

“I apologise for the pain. Idiots put the wrong tranquilizer in the darts. I assure you they have been punished.” he said , staring down at me intently. I shivered as the thought of him slaughtering his own werewolves shot through my mind and pushed him away.