Seven - Pinned to a Race and Lockers

My face fell and sadly, Ashton noticed. He leaned his forehead on mine making the tips of our noses touch.

"You okay?" He smiled in a hushed tone. I nodded and he got up, walking towards the door. Ashton came back, pecked my forehead and left.

.

.

Ivy groaned as we walked towards the field directly under the sun's burning kiss. She shielded her eyes and nearly collapsed onto the ground. I would catch her, but I'd probably melt before she could even scream.

We are currently in a hell hole, better classified and known as Physical damn Education. Where people like me, unfit and unathletic, are put into torture by being forced to run a mile under ten minutes.

Seems a little bit unfair.

The last time Ivy and I were forced into running a mile the coach told us we had one lap left. We basically sprinted and drained all our energy. He  claimed that we had a whole other lap to complete. As you can imagine, it wasn't pretty. Hyperventilating, sweat, groans, and fake-sobbing. Maybe real. We finally finished it, and I shushed everyone who approached me.

"Listen up!" Coach Bennet blew into his whistle. If I didn't know any better, I would've guessed he used all his breath to make such a shrill sound.

"You'll be running the mile today. Thirteen minutes, start now!" He commenced the countdown and Ivy panicked. She started running, sprinting even and I had to run quickly to catch this chipmunk. My eye caught another pair of dark sapphire blue eyes gazing my direction. That sure didn't help my breathing, I practically skipped five good breaths that would have kept me away from having an asthma attack.

He continued to pace himself with his grey shirt sticking to him, revealing the oblivious outline of his abs. Ivy stopped and grinned at me.

"If this is another dare, I swear." It's a damn dare. Ivy rubbed her hands together and cackled evilly, bitting her lip in thought.

"I quadruple dare you to race Bryan." My jaw unhinged and dropped to the floor. "Are you crazy? I can barely jog without wheezing not to mention running at my own pace! Besides, who will you run with?"

"Don't worry about me, I'll find people." She giggled and pushed me towards Bryan who lapped us. I bumped into his back and he turned around revealing his dazzling eyes, narrowing at me. How is it possible to be so intimidating and sexy at the same time?

"What the hell?" He placed his hand into mine and propped me up. "Why do you keep running into me, for Gods sake?" My heart broke a little after that comment but I shook it off.

"Um, do you wanna race?" He looked at me, clearly entertained.

"I don't see why not." My eyes fluttered for a second and I regained my place in sad old reality.

I gulped, not having an idea of what I got myself into. "One, two, three!" He started sprinting and I took half of my energy that was left and tried keeping up with him. I'll admit it's embarrassing, asking the schools most fit guy to race you. Are you asking for a loser death wish? Thanks Ivy.

Wheezing and coughing, I placed my hands on my knees and jogged to the side. My feet feel numb and my arms feel paralyzed. A few leaves crunched and I turned around to see a proud Bryan crossing his arms cockily.

"You okay?" I put up my index finger and wheezed one last time before nodding. He chuckled, showing off his ever so slight dimples. If I wasn't already as red as a strawberry he'd definitely realize the extreme effect he has on me.

The girl with the slimming curves and the high platinum blonde ponytail approaches us, glaring at me behind of Bryan's back.

She covers his eyes with a smile and leaned her chin on his shoulder. "Guess who?" She giggled. Bryan scooped her up in his arms making her let out a little yelp. "The one and only Jenna." He ran his fingers through her  hair and she jumped out of his arms.

What's that feeling in my chest?

Is it my heart racing from my hyperventilating or did another tiny piece of my heart break off because of how envious I am about Jenna?

Just shake it off already.

"Aye! Stop flirting and get back to running!" Coach Bennet snapped at us. I quickly scanned the track for Ivy and sighed when I couldn't find her. I started jogging and took a look at everyone here. Sounds creepy, but when you're alone you really do take in your surroundings.

Coach Bennet blew the whistle and gestured for us to head to the locker rooms.

.

.

Usually, I change in the bathroom because my body doesn't even start to compare to the rest of the girls in the locker room. Today I decided to stay in the room since there weren't many girls in here.

As I grabbed my backpack I took note that the room was empty and sighed. I trudged towards the door until Jenna pinned me against a locker making me scream.

"Zip it, whore!" She shushed me. I gulped down the lump in my throat and felt myself breaking into a cold sweat.

"You better stay away from Bryan, otherwise I will not hesitate to completely destroy you," She snarled in a low tone. I nodded and she released her hand that cupped around my mouth.

"Besides we wouldn't want Ashton finding about that now would we?" She shot me one last smirk and sashayed out of the door, her long platinum blonde hair lining her curves. I walked towards the bleachers trying to take in what happened.

.

.

I'm guessing Ivy had to go to the dentists since she mentioned it earlier today. Autumn was at a museum of who knows what that relates to what they are currently learning in science.

I took in a deep breath and calmed my trembling hands. The gym was now dark, and I hung out at the bleachers since it was silent and dimly lit. No one usually came in here so it was a good place to have a sob or calm down after a panic attack. It was my go to place.

My heart jumped when I heard the doors swing open.

"Jade are you in here?" Ashton called out with another person following him. I hid behind the bleachers now with a whimpering lip. "Is Jade your girlfriend?" The other oddly familiar voice called out.

I patted down my sweatshirt pocket looking for my phone. I pushed it down out on accident. The loud bang echoed in the empty gym which made Ashton approach where I was hiding.

"Jade what are you doing?"

I left you on a cliffhanger! Why? I think the real question is why not (;Question! Do you ship #jaton or #brade? Lemme know!

Question!
Do you ship #jaton or #brade? Lemme know!

Bye lemon pops and gumdrops :)