Thirty One - My Mom Collects Vinyls, HAH!

"Now my life is sweet like cinnamon, like a fucking dream I'm living in,"

Radio, Lana Del Rey

*WARNING ADORABLE WARNING*

The week went by in a blink of an eye. I'm pretty sure I've earned more bruises from Ivy and Autumn trying to push me into Conner than I have in my whole entire life. Ouch.

By the time I got home, I wanted to have a break down. We would be going to the yacht with the Petersons' tomorrow and I'd rather scrub the toilets.

.

.

"Jade, honey, get up," my mom rubbed my shoulder earning her a long groan. "Happy Thanksgiving," she kissed my cheek and skipped out of the room with a gigantic grin plastered onto her lips. I ripped away from the covers and took a glimpse of the time. It was at least two hours earlier than I usually wake up on week-days.

I trudged towards the bathroom and brushed my teeth with my eye lids heavier than false lashes. "You actually got up," my dad murmured still in his pajamas and sipping his coffee. "We're leaving in an hour, so be ready sport." He ruffled my already extremely tangled hair. I closed my eyes and nearly fell onto the floor because of how tired I am.

Help me.

After spending my fair share of time in the bathroom, I pulled out the floral dress we chose at the mall. By we, I mean Autumn and Ivy with my grunt of approval. It had bell-styled sleeves, and I paired it with a weaved floppy hat with a black ribbon. It took at least ten minutes to decipher if I should wear heels or sandals but ended up deciding with comfortable black wedges.

Last night I made sure to put my hair into a braid so that once I let it out, I'd have smooth waves in my hair. I parted my hair into two and pushed each to one side of my shoulder. Taking a quick look at myself, I straightened my dress out and sighed.

Why am I acting as if I'm going to prom? Not that I'd mind going with Conner or anything.

"Jade we're leaving in ten!" My mom called out from downstairs. My eyes widened and I quickly brushed on a coat of mascara and carefully made my way downstairs – mind you, still it my wedges.

"It took you five minutes to get yourself downstairs," my mom muttered before taking a look at my shoes and suddenly all evil things in the world disappeared by the way her eyes lit up, "no sweatshirts or ponytails!" She shrieked and pulled me into a hug. "You look like my own Lana Del Rey!"

My mother was basically where I got my vinyl-collecting habits from, and I don't know if that's something I should be grateful or cry about. She introduced me to my taste of music, so obviously no Selena Gomez or Taylor Swift for me! It was always Vampire Weekend and The 1975, but hey – I'm not complaining!

"Thank you," I sung and twirled around. She clapped and bit her lip to keep a squeal away. My mother was always the one who could start conversations with the cashier at Whole Goods. She wore long floral dresses, sandals or flats, and humongous floppy hats. If she had brunette hair, big eyes and lips like hers she'd be Lana's freaking twin! "We should get going to the docks," she took my hand and led me outside.

.

.

"We're here," a voice sung in my ear. I slowly opened my eyes and jerked back to the sight of Conner towering over me. "They're already getting in, so wake up Sleeping Beauty," he took my hand and pulled me up and out of the car.

The sun was still high and the sky was still the light cotton candy blue it's in Summer. My cheeks flushed up when I realized that Conner and I's elbows were interlocked and Conner smirked at the sight of my tomato cheeks. "You're adorable," he cooed and pinched my cheeks.