Forty - Soulmates

"Been wondering if your heart's still open and if so I wanna know what time it shuts"

Do I Wanna Know?, Arctic Monkeys

*LISTEN TO THAT SONG IT'S PERFECT FOR THIS CHAPTER*

Where did that sudden shock of confidence emerge from? And where can I get more? 

Making a snarky but kind-of cute remark to one of Conner's pick-up lines was not apart of my schedule. It must be the aroma of cookies slowly sinking into my brain and disintegrating my brain cells into pure sugar.

Maybe that's why I'm so sweet. Cue the cute wink.

But on a completely different topic - it's Christmas! Finally, the creme de la creme of the year, the day we all await for. Including the people who have told me that they love the Christmas spirit and don't even celebrate it. It's impossible to not have a smile on your face when passing by Bath & Body Works at the mall, all the gingerbread and pinecone scented candles.

Unless you're the Grinch. That is a whole other case but you'll still end up smiling.

Just while I began to recoat my lips with a layer of lipstick, my door went flying and Autumn and Ivy stood there with a grin. Of course, they'd find out about Conner and I sooner or later.

Wait - we aren't even dating. 

But Autumn and Ivy on the other hand.

"My two favorite lesbians!" Their smirks immediately wiped away and their cheeks turned a bright crimson red, resembling my lipstick. "Will you name your kids after me?"

"That depends, will you name your kid Ivy Peterson?" Autumn grinned at Ivy's slightly suggestive comment whilst leaning against the door frame. 

"I don't see why not," I stuck my nose in the air followed by a "hmph". 

"Well it's about time to go be holy so stop talking about children, which could turn into the chat about making children and I'm not sure if that's holy but we do it anyway. Well I mean, yeah okay I guess we wouldn't be here if - sorry I'm rambling. Hurry up! We gotta go!" Autumn giggled. They interlocked elbows and trotted along the stairs with a huge smile. 

I'm guessing both their parents know about their relationship, both are super supportive and that's amazing. Although my mom is and always has been super encouraging about LGBT+, my dad is another story. But he isn't the type to judge anyway, and he has become more lenient on it.

"So what's their ship name?" A voice asked from behind me. It didn't take a rocket scientist to recognize the honey-coated yet husky voice. 

Also maybe because we talk everyday but describing him like that makes me seem romantic, so.

"I'm thinking Avy," I shrugged and turned around. He wore a red and black flannel, a jacket wrapped around his neck, and a pair of red pants. "Is your name Jermey or Conner?" I chuckled while signalling at the jacket thrown on top of him. 

He smirked and popped out his hip with a duck face. "Oh dear mother, ask the maid to fetch my Rolex watch why don't you? Nevermind, I don't want the DNA of a lower class," he spoke in a sloppy (and very terrible) British accent. But then again, he earned a laugh from me.

More like a witch's cackle but that doesn't matter.

"Shall we?" Conner let out his elbow. 

"We shall," I smiled and interlocked our arms together.