Twelve - Blacked Out

"Excuse me?" I blinked at Ivy. She stifled her squeal behind her two palms and jumped from side to side. 

"You know, I'm so happy you got over Bryan. I've heard that he's been to jail at least two times so far this year and more the last. And he fancies one night stands," She gushed. A figure crept over her and now it was my turn to hold in my laughs.

Bryan.

"You know," he imitated Ivy's somewhat high voice "I'd appreciate it if you could actually try to hide the fact that you're talking about me," Ivy's face was drop dead red and her eyes shot up wide. 

"We were talking about another Bryan," I protected Ivy. Not the best lie, but something better and a bit more believable than what stuttering flushed up Ivy could make.

"Is that so?" An amused smirk played onto Bryan's lips. He wrapped his arm around me and twirled a strand of my hair through his finger.

"If you're going to lie, make it believable. Just a tip," I threw his arm off of me and scowled. 

"Tell that to Ivy!"

"You're the one who lied," Conner mumbled.

"Not helping," I said through my gritted teeth. "I don't give enough fu-"

"Listen up! We're playing dodge ball again, and we've already assigned the teams. This week we'll be working on team work and cooperation, so communicating is a must even if you don't get teamed up with your friends," I'm sorry he lost me at "communicating is a must".

"You will be graded on your social skills and effort to not only the sport but also trying your best to work with people you aren't familiar with."

Just when you thought gym couldn't get worse.

"Coach Zaymond will be calling out your groups, we expect you to remember them for the week."

.

.

"And Ivy Green. Final group is group fifteen which is Jade Williams, Conner Peterson, Rae Lowe, Ashton Cooper, and Victoria Lowe. You're all free to meet up with your members and wait patiently."

Of course leave it to the lords to decide to curse my butt and put me in a group with people I barely know and despise. Fun.

For starters, I have no idea how two of those people look like. A girl with dark orange hair, freckles scattered around the lower bridge of her nose, and thick dark glasses bounced towards us with a smile on her face. 

Once she tucked her glasses away, threw her hair into a high ponytail and got her game face on she looked like a whole new person. My gaze of amazement quickly turned into disgust when Ashton wolf-whistled, circling around her.

"Ew," she grumbled and elbowed him right at the core of his stomach. I like this girl already.

Another girl with brown hair and purple tips approached us, unamused. Looks like she lucked out of her group too.

"Cheer up Rae, they're not that bad." The girl with orange hair perked up and looked at the sluggish brunette.

I scoffed, "I don't think I'm the problem. It's these two," I pointed towards Conner who was besides me and Ashton who was too busy talking to other girls on other teams.

She laughed. "I'm Victoria and this is my sister, Rae." She gestured towards Rae with jazz hands and ruffled her sister's hair. Rae scowled at her before shooting me a light smile.

"Ready to take down these marmosets?" Victoria asked a bit too cheerfully for my taste. I raised my hands in surrender "I'm not the most physically talented nor athletic person you'll meet," I made sure to add a little laugh at the end so she knows I'm not serious.

Wait. I am serious.

"Ah, you and Rae will get along nicely," she smirked at me. "Let's find a place to sit."

.

.

Moments later, at least two hundred rainbow colored balls were being thrown into the air by the people who treat gym like the Olympics. And here Rae and I were, peering at the battle-field (as we decided to call it) from behind the corner of the wall.

"So do you like girls?" Rae asked out of the blue, holding a blue ball to protect her from any balls who dared to enter her personal bubble.

"I'm straighter than a pole." I snorted. She looked at me and smiled. "Nice to find another person who isn't a homophobic jerk," she sneered glancing over to Jenna.

Coach Taylor spotted us and blew her whistle. Everyone else who'd been hiding in the corner jumped out of their skin and quickly scampered back to the center of the "battle-field".

"Williams! Lowe! What do you think you're doing?" She snapped at us, her voice harsh. I mumbled an apology before grabbing Rae's hand and dragging her behind a cluster of bodies.

A ball flew straight into my stomach, then my forehead, and then my right eye.

Marvelous.

Before being hauled up by Rae and Conner, I caught a glimpse of Jenna - smiling innocently yet her eyes straight as blades as she glared at me.

Talk about terrifying.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so so long to update, this week has been CRAZY. I also have to apologize that this chapter is short (861 words), but I promise to make the next one longer. I just wanted to get a chapter out. It may take a bit longer to make chapters but it'll be worth it.

ALSO 10K READS?

JEMIMA!

Thank you so much! Next chapter will be way better, promise!

Lemon Drops & Cake Pops

SIMI