Thirty Six -Squealing School Girls

"I got this anxious feeling, but it goes away for a minute, when I'm with you breathing"

Crybaby, The Neighbourhood

*CAN I JUST MENTION HOW PERFECT OF A LYRIC THAT IS FOR JADE AND CONNER? OK SORRY ENJOY THIS AWFULLY LONG CHAPTER, CYA ON THE FLIP SIDE AMIGOS AND AMIGAS*

It's been nearly three weeks since I blew up at Conner. My happiness is yet still lost somewhere in the pits of the Dead Sea. It's honestly kind of weird, actually. It seems as if I'm third-wheeling whenever I'm around Ivy and Autumn even if they think I don't see the lovesick gazes they have. It's adorable, and I'm over the moon for them! Except, that honestly leaves me with no one to talk to anymore. And I don't want to interrupt Autumn and Ivy while they build their relationship. Can't burn anymore bridges, especially one that doesn't even involve me.

I would talk to my mom but she recently picked up a new project for work. She currently has to be in Italy for yet another week, but there's a chance of delay. I really hope not because we always have spent Christmas together – she may not be my biological mother, but that doesn't mean she isn't apart of the family. She's a better mother than that forty-year old with bleach-blonde hair that travels the country looking for rich men to seduce. She, who shall-not-be-named is absolutely sickening.

Ever so often, I'll make eye-contact with Conner but he just ignores it. Every time I interlock my sight with his, he brushes it off and it pangs my heart. Deep down, I know it was me who trampled over any chance of being with this guy and it sucks. Not to mention when he gobbles down another girl's face during lunch, two tables down from mine.

Yup, definitely sucks. I'm not going to deny that it's what I deserve. When did I become such a jerk?

It's been terrible. Not seeing his goofy grin or him in his unicorn onesie. Heck, I'd kill to see that sinister smirk he wore everywhere. Yes, I'm talking about the smirk that I claimed to hate but actually loved.

My dad has been asking me what dragged me into the pits of hell, and I feel bad for not responding. He's pushes a bunch of yogurt towards me but I just pick at it. Suddenly, the grin and goof attitude disappears and he gets all serious, "is something going on at school?"

I nearly choked on my spit!

"No, no," I tried my best to play it off cool. That must have been the most I've talked today! What a record. "It's just frustrating, I don't know what to get you guys for Christmas," I lie.

"Aw, what a big heart," he chuckled whilst pinching my cheeks, "Also," he trailed off looking a bit guilty. "I told Mrs and Mr Peterson that you could babysit while they went out Christmas shopping." I nodded.

'You might be thinking; oh Jade! Why aren't you freaking out? That's Conner's parents! And the answer is simple, Conner doesn't need to be babysat. It's just Adam and Addison, and frankly I need some cheering up. I'll admit their dirty jokes at their age makes me chuckle.

"Sure, what time?" He rubs the back of his neck, "now."

I groan and run my hand through my hair. "Fine, I can walk." He nods and kisses me on the forehead before marching back upstairs. "Take care kiddo!" He calls out one last time before I slam the door shut.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the first Peterson sibling isn't there.

.

.

"Oh thank you so much for coming on such short notice," Mrs. Peterson breathed out while pulling on her black trench coat. "It seriously means a lot, dear. Adam and Addison – be good!" She plants a kiss onto their forehead before jogging outside. "Conner's in his room so he should be out of your hair for most of the night."