Twenty Seven - Adam And Addison

" I'm not your typical, stoned 18 year old "

Girls, The 1975

The day had drained every last bit of energy from me. It made me mentally exhausted to the point where I wasn't in the mood to do anything but sleeping. Autumn and Ivy asked if they could come over, but I decided for them to not considering that they'd be the ones doing most of the talking and it was a rather boring day today.

Thankfully, the substitute informed us that Mrs. Watson would be out for the rest of the two weeks because of a car incident. She's one of the chill, more nice teachers so it would be devastating to everyone if something even worse happened to the poor woman.

She has grandchildren for Pete's sake!

"Mom, dad! I'm home," I called out even if they weren't home. It's honestly pretty nice to have the whole house to yourself, you can skate around the hardwood with your socks, devour the fridge and pantry, or just snooze without any interruptions. And that was just what I planned on doing, sleeping. I already told Autumn and Ivy to not call me just in case I forget to put my phone on silent.

My eyes were already heavy, but as my head sunk into my pillow they almost immediately shut entirely until the disturbing ring of my phone filled my room.

At least it's not one of the default rings, and it's Alex Turner. Can I really be complaining?

"Hello?" My voice was already croaky as if I had just woken up from a nap and was wondering what exact year it was. The caller mumbled something away from the phone, something that was maybe to a kid of some sort. That really put me off on who it was since I don't really know anyone with kids that isn't already in my contacts list.

"Hey Green?" Almost instantly I recognized the voice and a part of me fluttered.

I haven't had my stomach flutter like that since the seventh grade when I was partnered up with Bryan for a science project. Egh. The real question was why wasn't Conner's number in my contacts already?

"Hey Conner, are you on someone else's phone?" He continued to seemingly shoo a kid or some sort of pet away, away from the phone. 

"No – well yeah, my phone shattered. I just need you to come over to babysit my brother and sister." I internally groaned and ran my hands through my hair, taking a glimpse at myself in the mirror.

Surely, my makeup was still on but slightly smudged and I was still in my jeans, flannel, and infinity scarf. A part of me wanted to deny but the more angelic part of me decided that this is a good way to quickly get over thanking Conner for saving my rear-end from my mom.

"Fine. Give me like ten minutes."

.

.

To my surprise, Conner's house wasn't as far away as I predicted. It was one of the neighborhoods closer to mine so it was an easy walk there. Sure, I have my license and I could easily save the fifteen-minute walk and replace it with a five minute drive but cars just aren't my thing. I've always found them a wee bit intimidating and scary.

I approached one of the more grander houses, taking a quick glance at my phone to confirm the address. It was breath-taking and I was honestly glad that I got to see it during the day and not at night when drunken teenagers were scatter among the lawn like weeds.

Conner was already waiting at the front door in a beanie and sweater. I mentally cursed myself for being too tired to look a bit more presentable but shook it off. 

There were two kids, one boy and one girl, looking around the age of five or so that held Conner's hand on each side. The girl had beautiful golden curls, that went down to her lower shoulders. She was dressed in a white dress that went down to her knees with a teal collar. 

The little boy had blonde hair a bit darker than Conner's. He wore a checkered button-up shirt and an adorable bowtie that would literally make anyone coo. These were the kids that you could tell were going to grow up to be literal models.

Is that creepy?

"Hey Green!" Conner waved out to me with a grin. I smiled and jogged up the stairs towards his front door.

"How exactly do you completely shatter your phone to the point you can't even call on it?" I snorted. 

He looked and me with a sheepish smile and scratched the back of his neck, "ways," he muttered.

"Like the ways you have with girls?" The little boy blurted out from behind Conner. Conner's cheeks instantly went into a red flare. Ignoring the comment, he introduced me to his siblings.

"This is Addison," he gestured to the adorably shy little girl hidden behind his leg. "And this asshole right here, is Adam."

"Conner! They're kids, you can't swear in front of them!" I frantically whispered. 

He broke out into a long laugh and wiped a fake tear, "please. Adam and Addison aren't the most innocent, they probably know more than you Jewel."

 Addison scowled at him, "jewel? Is that the best you can come up with? I feel bad for your girlfriend," Addison scoffed.

It took me all my might to not pinch her adorable chubby cheeks and go on about how cute she is. It's hard to believe that these two are related to that.

"We aren't dating," I let out a weak laugh and Adam cocked an eyebrow at me.

"But Conner talks about yo-"

"Alright, I think it's time to go now! Adam, Addison behave good for Jade okay?" Conner abruptly interrupted Adam. I chuckled to myself and watched as they both nodded their heads in sync. "I won't be long," Conner lead us into the house and waved.

Once he was officially gone, a smirk played on both of the twins lips. "Conner has a crush on you," they both cooed.

AUTHORS NOTE 

Aye!

hA I love Adam and Addison tbh

Q.O.T.C.

What do you think is going to happen between #Jonner?

A.O.T.C

I can't say because I do know ahahah 

Lots of Love & Puppy Puff

SIMI