Chapter Four

It's been a week since I told Sebastian to stop. He'd done exactly that. He raises his hand when he knows the answer or has some in put but other than that he is just another student in my class.

I'd wanted to be an English teacher when I was young, I was actually a student here: sure I was on a scholarship but either way I was apart of this elite little world. That's how I landed the job so young, how I'd come to be the youngest teacher in Worthington Heights.

"How was your weekend?" Eric asks as he pulls the chair out beside me. I love Sal's, it's a diner thirty minutes out of new Queens. It's old fashion, lots of teal and white stripe chairs with that milkshake and poodle skirt vibe.

"It was boring," I sigh. God I can't wait to eat a double cheeseburger and drown in chocolate milkshake. "And my car has been on the fritz."

"You say that as if it's usually exciting." He gives me a weird look. Yes, maybe my weekends are usually spent at home doing my laundry and watching Gilmore Girl reruns...

I just shrug, "I'm tired of being boring."

Eric and I have been together since freshman year of high school. He's the only rich kid who accepted me for being- well not rich. He adored me for my hard work and it led to him not taking over his father's business.

His grey eyes narrow on me, "I like you boring."

"Maybe it's time for a change."

"I personally don't like when things change, you know that."

The waitress arrives and she knows our usuals by heart. It's nice to have familiar things in your life, but it gets boring.

"Actually Tracy, I'll take a banana milkshake today," I say confidently, as if I'd just shaved my head.

Eric looks at me concerned, "What's wrong Kat?"

I flashback to Bash, calling me Kat. His lips to my ear, I almost psychically shiver. "Nothing, just- I don't know I want to change it up. How's that girlfriend of yours?"

"We broke up, a month ago. Which you already know," his fingers tap on the metal table; waiting for me to spill the beans.

"I met someone," I blurt.

He looks shocked, but the shocked expression melts into what looks like- what? I don't know. I can't read it. "Do tell, who is this lucky guy?"

Oh he's just an eighteen year old student of mine. "Someone from work."

"Ew, Katherine- not the old guy who teaches music?"

"No, not Mr. Horton." I smile at the thought. How funny and disturbing would that be.

"Who ever he is, if he hurts you- well I'll kill him." He says so seriously and I'm almost sure he would if he had to.

The night was nice, I forget sometimes how nice it is to see Eric. He's so busy I barely see him anymore.

It's gloomy this morning, raining and even a little chill in the air. I'm soaking wet by the time I get in my office, I skipped teacher's lounge, I had my full of caffeine this morning. Not to mention my car wouldn't start, again.

My chiffon top is soaked through and through, luckily I have 20 minutes to dry off enough so that my bra doesn't show through.

"Miss Rose, oh, sorry-" the tall and handsome young man walks in early. "Well, not actually sorry."

I don't bother covering up, there's nothing I can do at this point except look embarrassed. "You're here early." My body reacts, I'm aroused just by having him see me exposed.