Chapter ten

It's been a weeks since I told Bash we're having a baby and since we reconciled. The honey moon on getting back together means that we've now had sex in every inch of my apartment.

"So what are we going to tell everyone," I ask him while he rubs my feet. "Should I just say I'm a wild woman and don't know who the father is?"

He smirks, "Like they'd even believe that really?"

I chuckle, "Hey!" I throw one of the couch pillows at him, he catches it and places it under my feet.

"You're not a whore," he says rolling his eyes. "They won't believe that."

He's right, no ones going to believe that. 

"I don't have to finish school. I can leave, go straight to working with my father," he says thoughtfully. "I'm eighteen, the only wrong you've done is sleep with a student. How bad can it be if I'm not a student anymore?"

I don't know the answer to that, I've been too afraid to google it. "Probably still pretty bad." He takes his phone out to find out what the damage is.

"We'll keep it under wraps until you start showing," he says looking at his phone. God it must be bad. "We've got time," he adds leaning over to kiss my stomach.

"What are we doing tomorrow is Halloween?" He asks, taking his post back at my feet. "Maybe we can stay here and watch some scary movies?"

"Tomorrow is Eric's annual Halloween party."

He looks at me with a perfectly cocked eyebrow. "You're not going are you?"

"Well I always go."

"Yes, but you're pregnant. You can't just go to some wild party Katherine," he says a little upset. He drops rubbing my feet and stands up. "What is with you and Eric anyway?"

"First of all, it's not like I plan to do body shots and smoke pot. Second, Eric's my childhood friend." I stand up too now and I can feel the room heat up as we both stare each other down.

"Fine," he sighs. "Do what you want." He grabs the keys to his car and gives me a forced smile. "I'll see you on Monday."

"See you then," I say crossing my arms. As the door slams shut I realize maybe I didn't have to be such a bitch. The party really isn't that important.

You're always screwing everything up Katherine.

--

I can hear the music blasting from behind the door. Eric lives in a swanky penthouse in the middle of Manhattan.

Being a journalist for the Times doesn't pay that much, but having a trust fund does.

The door swings open right before my knuckles connect with it. Eric's walking out the Pisa delivery guy. "Kat!" He hugs me; he smells like tequila. "You came. Honestly I thought you'd be with the mystery man."

The 2500 Square foot penthouse is converted in cobwebs, which are lit by black lights. It's honestly very cool.

Eric runs a hand through his jet black hair and gives me a weird smile, "You look good, Kat."

I'm wearing a black dress and cat ears, I didn't plan a costume like I usually do. "I know, this is no where as fantastic as my Ninja turtle costume."

Once I'm inside I'm surrounded by many people I don't know, some people from high school I never kept up with and the girl I believe Eric's dating or - I don't know I don't keep up.

He pulls me into the kitchen where a large glass bowl is filled with eyeball and 'mystery' punch. One year Eric let met make it, I put everything in there except death itself.

"I'm good," I say pushing the red plastic cup away. He gives me a strange look,"You're not drinking?"

I nod. I really am not ready to tell him I got knocked up. "I'm on antibiotics."

Eric shrugs and gulps down the my cup and his own.
Kesha is blasting through the house as I go around making small talk. I found out the blonde girl and him did break up, but she let me know they have lots of no strings attached sex now.

I find myself holding a bottle water to my chest, lone wolfing on the couch. Man these things are only fun when you're drunk.

The quarterback from my days at Worthington has lost all his hair, I noticed because he's shouting at some random dude about how he can still play the game.

"Go long," the scrawny man says and Jake takes a run backwards. Like That So Raven I can already see it coming. I end up with Jake and his drink in my lap.

"Oh, crap sorry-" he says drunkenly. "Oh, hi I'm Jake." Sure no he wants to talk to me.

"Get off me you idiot," I push him off and grab a napkin off the table. Damn it, Sebastian was right. I have no business being here. Eric comes to my rescue immediately.

"Come on, you can change into my pajamas and I'll blow dry your dress," he says chuckling. I follow him into his bedroom.

He has one of those extra fancy beds where the TV comes out of the footboard and there's lights on the head board. I imagine this must impress the ladies.

"Here, take these." He offers me some plaid pajamas, which I take graciously.

A movie in bed with Bash sounds pretty damn good right now. "Why do I remember these to be so much more fun?"

"You probably don't remember them. You're usually drunk and passed out by your first cup of mystery punch," he says with a laugh from the bathroom. He returns with a Dyson blow dryer and I'm a little in awe.

"Why haven't you taken off that dress yet?" He does a 'give me' motion with his hand.

"Turn around," I say sheepishly. He cocks and eyebrow and doesn't move. "Fine." It wouldn't be the first time I've dressed in front of him. I slip off my dress and I'm in the red lace lingerie that Bash bought me.

Eric's eyes literally bulge out of his head for a second. I throw him the dress and quickly put on his shirt. "Pervert!"

"Well you've come a long way from the Barbie underwear that's all," he says jokingly by his expression is pained.

I sit on the edge of the bed while Eric dry out my dress. I'd have put it in the dryer but he says it'll ruin the material.

"That'll do, let it sit for a minute," he says flopping onto the bed beside me. "I've really missed you Kat."

"I've really missed you more," I say longing to tell him what's been going on for months. I need support and Eric will understand. "I have to tell you something."

"Me too." He bites his lip.

"You first."

He sits up, takes my hands into his and looks be in the eyes. His green eyes are glassy, drunk red but so scared. "Kat I'm in love with you."

WHAT? "Eric you're drunk."

"I am, right now." He smiles at me, "But I haven't been drunk our entire friendship."

"Eric," I don't know what to say. I don't see him
That way. I don't think I do.

He leans forward and kisses me, it's not hungry and horny or desperately needy. It's a little sloppy, but he's heavily intoxicated. It's sweet and caring and- and I'm pregnant with someone else's baby.

I pull away, "No. we. I can't." I jump up, grab my purse and before I know it I'm in the elevator going down to my car.

Katherine, what have you done now!